Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Help me tune my Robart retracts please..

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Help me tune my Robart retracts please..

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 01:11 PM
Dart373
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me tune my Robart retracts please..

Hi guys. Top Flight Bonanza. I seriously dont think these retracts are for this plane but the previous owner got them in and they fit good. They look older but in new looking shape. He got them to work just fine , then took it all apart and shipped it to me. I hooked it all up and put 40psi in and they worked ...ok. 60 psi and they work just fine. They do lock up and down. However, the left goes up/down first, then the nose gear, and I bet a full 1 second behind, the right wing retract goes down. It locks, but I sure wish I could get them more scale looking to coordinate them. Also, this is my first ever air retracts plane. How much PSI should I run? My brand new robart pump guage quit after 4 refills. Guage reads as I pump, but does not hold psi, even thoough the pump is working correct.... Weird.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:43 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Help me tune my Robart retracts please..

Unless you have a lot of pressure, 80psi +, your retracts will opereate in the order of the loosest first, in up or down. At higher pressure you won't see the difference, but gear will really slam up or down. Robart makes a variable valve that controls exhaust air to let the gear work at reduced speed and still have good opereting pressure. I usually fill my systems to 100-120 psi.
You can get opereating and troubleshooting info here: http://www.robart.com/air_systems/airkits.aspx
Just scroll down on each item and click the PDF link. I think you will find all the needed info to get your system operating as designed.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:13 PM
Dart373
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help me tune my Robart retracts please..

Wow, I would not have ever thought about that much pressure . How much will those poor little mouse cans hold ????!!!! If mine worked well at 60+ but slow, I imagine 100-120 would work great. How many up/down cycles can you do with your gear? Are you tricycle gear? Thanks for the link.Keith