Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

who sells ultracoat???

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

who sells ultracoat???

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 09:05 AM
HaveBlue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who sells ultracoat???

Hi, I ve only tried a couple of sites but I am having trouble finding who sells ultracoat..if anyone can provide a link(s) i'd appreciate it or if there is something else I can use.. its for a diamond dust and they dont recommend monokote

cheers!
Old 10-08-2005, 09:35 AM
Gollywock

Default RE: who sells ultracoat???

Don't know about Australia, but here's one in the US http://www2.mailordercentral.com/quantummodels/ Ultracoat is the same as Oracover. Jim
Old 10-08-2005, 07:57 PM
HaveBlue

thanks for the info Jim, i didnt know oracover is the same or similar I think I have seen that over here somewhere if I can remember where... I order stuff from the US all the time so it doesnt matter ..thanks for the link thats just what I was looking for!!!...good one[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 10-08-2005, 08:16 PM
carrellh

www.horizonhobby.com is the US distributor for Utracoat, under the Hangar 9 brand.
Ultracoat is repackaged Oracover.
The Ultracoat backing paper says 'Oracover.'

Unless the Diamond Dust is made of foam or something else that requires a low temp covering, I don't know why you couldn't use Monokote; especially if you already have it on hand. The kit maker is likely affiliated with Horizon so they recommend products Horizon sells.

Great Planes kits recommend Monokote; not because it is better or worse than other products, but because GP and Top Flite are part of the same conglomerate.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:39 AM
HaveBlue

Hi carrellh..I see your point and have come across this many times myself where affilation results in recommendation..although to be honest I dont know how valid this point is as I havent used both coverings to compare them..
the main reason is that ultracoat is less prone to punctures along with better resilence to cold weather(not that it matters here in Aus), and with a fast delta of carbon/balsa construction the reason given to use ultracoat is that with monokote and pin holes, the air can /does blow the covering off..although I think the same would happen if the ultracoat got a pinhole in too( this model is a belly lander)

as with finding a supplier.. I have found someone here that sells oracover/profilm..I hope its the same!!!!