Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Battery Questions

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Battery Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 09:06 PM
macruadhi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Questions

I understand that if I have a 9.6 volt 600mah battery, the 9.6 v is how much voltage it holds/ can deliver and the 600 mah gives you an idea of how long it can supply energy, so what I want to know it, if I want to build my own battery pack and I use 8 cells, each delivering 1000 mah, does that mean that I'll have 9000 mah? Or is there some sort of law of deminishing return as far as batteries are concerned?
Old 10-28-2005, 10:05 PM
DMcQuinn
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: Battery Questions

let's assume you have 8 cells. each cell puts out 1.2 Volts and each cell has a capacity of 1000 mAh. if you connect the 8 cells in series, you end up with a battery of 9.6 volts and a capacity of 1000 mAh. If you hook the 8 cells in parallel, you end up with a battery pack of 1.2 Volts and 8000 mAh.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:18 PM
macruadhi

Default RE: Battery Questions

Thank you very much.