Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Getting a Sim, need TX, Please Help!!

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Getting a Sim, need TX, Please Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 10:15 AM
Vdisoriented

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting a Sim, need TX, Please Help!!

I have narrowed it done to two Sims, the AFPD and Reflex XTR. I will probably get the Reflex, but that is still in debate since I have found them both for the same price. I need a Tx recommendation. Since I am a newbie wanting to learn any interface probs would be helpful. Also, I need it cheap, because I just want to learn and would rather crash pixelated planes then real ones. If it possible to get a descent Tx that I could use down the road that would be OK. Do you need 6 ch or will 4 ch work? I have read so many forums and everyone is so helpful, so Thanks in Advance.

T
Old 10-30-2005, 03:13 PM
redfox435cat

Default RE: Getting a Sim, need TX, Please Help!!

I alway put in the vote for realflight sim G3. about $199

As far as radio's your best bet is to find a trainer and get what ever he/she has for compatability purposes. You can spend all the time you want on a sim, really flying is a differant matter, visual cues and perception is alot diffeant not to metion you can't cheap by zooming in and going to chase mode. would be cool though. Don't get me wrong sims are great and I encourage it emesly, they really help esecially if used as a tool and not a game. I use mine to learn new moves all the time.

My reccomendation for a radio is alway Futaba. AS for how many channels is up to you. You need to ask yourself hoe far do you plan on going in the hobby if you sussefully learn and progress as a pilot. 4 channels will fly almost any model. If youe seriouse at all about getting into the hobby Id say get a 6EXAS radio, their about 190 bucks. It has 6 channels with plenty of mixing functions for models later on down the road. I fly everything with from trainers to to 1/4 scale war birds to electric flying wings with it. not to mention you can connect it to the interface that come with the G3 sim. If your just looking to go cheap get something like an avistar trainer that comes with a motor and 4 channal basic radio.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:59 PM
tucker1865
My Feedback: (6)

Disoriented...You can always get transmitters cheap on ebay and they are new and come with a battery.....Usually Futaba T4YF go for 25 to 40 bucks. Good for a first time trainer. 6 Channel tX goes for about 50 to 60 bucks and then you could add a flight pack to complete the deal. Check the RCU market to see if the same is offered there. Just do a search in the R/C section of ebay under toys and hobbies. You could also get a 4 channel system for 109.00 and a 6 channel system for 149.00 complete from Tower Hobbies. hope this helps. I have the T4YF on my PT-40 trainer and use a T4YF to fly a trainer on my sim. (GP Real Flight.)
Old 11-03-2005, 10:38 PM
Vdisoriented

Thanks for the advice, after reading otehr forum posts I was becoming concerned with Tx shock. But I need to learn the basics first.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:27 PM
pt19 flyer
My Feedback: (1)

hi

as far as radio equipment all are good. I have use JR, Futaba, and hitec. I am much happier with hitec. it is good equipment and they give excellent service.

good luck and happy flying

pt19 flyer