Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Prop Jets

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2002, 04:54 AM
Bruiser-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prop Jets

I was wondering what is available in prop jets. It seems many have been discontinued. I am interested in something in a .46 to .75 size and it does not need to fast really fast. I prefer something in a sport scale kit.

Thanks for reading my post.

-Bob George
Old 11-05-2002, 12:55 PM
Mike James

Default Sport jets

Hello Bruiser,

The short answer is that there are only a few, and you can find them through a search on the "Jets" forum. But, coming in late 2003...

I'm currently working with a manufacturer to produce exactly what you and many others (including me!) want. This will be a scale-like sport jet, powered by a pusher propeller, using engines in the .60 2-cycle range, and will have a wide performance envelope, from relatively high speed, like a pattern plane, to medium-slow landing speed, aided by slotted flaps. It will have optional retracts, a molded composite fuselage, and sheeted foam flying surfaces. I expect the kit format to be an "ARC&P". (almost ready to cover and paint) It should serve both as a sport jet, and as preparation for flying faster ducted fan and turbine jets.

It won't be released until next year, since we're in the design stage now, but I promise you that it will have the features above, will NOT cost a fortune, and will be flyable by the medium-skill sport flyer... (and, it will look VERY cool, which is also a bonus) You'll start to hear more about this in mid 2003.
Old 11-05-2002, 02:55 PM
glowplug

Default Prop Jets

Bruiser,
The Great Planes F-15 is one of the slower flying prop-jets out there......it's suppossed to be relatively easy to handle also.

Mike
Old 11-06-2002, 03:09 AM
Bruiser-RCU

Default Prop Jets

Thanks for the input guys.

The only kit out there that looks good to me is the AK Models MIG-29. Their Sukoi looks cool too, but it is not kitted.

It looks like I'll be scratch building a F20 from Direct Connection plans. I think it will look pretty good with camo scheme and a pair of sidewinders.

Thanks for the inputs so far.

-Bob George
Old 11-06-2002, 02:07 PM
rhomco
My Feedback: (2)

Default F-16 Pusher!

I like prop jets too. I got a steal deal on a well used Yellow F-16 that was built for ducted fan. After removing all the un-needed ducted fan enabling stuff it lost a ton of weight. I am mounting a YS .45 RE in the tail cone just like the Combat Models Foamy Jets.
havin fun!
Rob
Old 11-06-2002, 10:54 PM
Goggles
My Feedback: (4)

Default Prop Jets

Rob, let me know how well it flies with the conversion.

Thanks.
Old 11-06-2002, 11:56 PM
eugene

Default Prop Jets

prop jet.....Great planes is selling the Patriot kit once again.....right in your range, and a great flyer....
Old 11-07-2002, 02:06 AM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Some

Cermark F-16
G&P F-18 CBM Jets (F-16,F-18,A-10)
Old 11-07-2002, 03:42 AM
pdansalvish
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Prop Jets

Check out Morris Hobbies they have a T-45 Hawk look a like used by the US Navy as a trainer.

www.morrishobbies.com