Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

lusterkote paint

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

lusterkote paint

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 07:19 PM
BirdBoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lusterkote paint

I was putting the finishing touches on my super sportster and i began using a new can of topflight lusterkote paint. i gave it a light coat and to my dismay the can spit out the paint in a rough fashion. I had already used several cans of the stuff and i had no problem getting a smooth spray. what should i do to remove the paint? its on monokote and plastic.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:18 PM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: lusterkote paint

It is best to heat up LustreKote spray can in hot water for a couple of minutes before spraying to reduce or eliminate the chance of spitting.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:53 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: BirdBoy

I was putting the finishing touches on my super sportster and i began using a new can of topflight lusterkote paint. i gave it a light coat and to my dismay the can spit out the paint in a rough fashion. I had already used several cans of the stuff and i had no problem getting a smooth spray. what should i do to remove the paint? its on monokote and plastic.
It won't help you now, but ALWAYS do a quick test spray somewhere expendible before you try it on your model. To remove it, you could try acetone (be careful on the plastic parts), or perhaps some high nitro fuel.
Old 11-05-2005, 10:08 AM
WILDCRASHWILLY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wet sand with 400 grit paper until roughness is gone, then follow the advice of Richard L. You should have a very slick job after that. BE CAREFUL YOU DON'T WANT TO LET THE SPRAY CAN GET TOO HOT!! yOU DON'T NEED IT TO RUPTURE AND CAUSE HARM. Just good warm water and dry water on spray nozzle before spraying so it won't contaminate the paint.