Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

servo hum

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2002, 03:42 AM
john flynn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servo hum

Gidday, can anyone tell me what causes my servos to hum. I have a jr xf631 radio with 537 sevos. When i move any control surface the servo continues to hum for a approx 10 seconds after i have returned the stick to neutral.
Old 11-06-2002, 04:05 AM
Traxxas_Tech
My Feedback: (22)

Default servo hum

Is anything binding? What size/voltage battery are you running? If anything is binding, or if the control surface is stiff around center, the servo will work for a little while to get the surface to where its supposed to be.

I've got a few of those 537's. They seem louder than other JR servos. Dont know why... I do know that Digitals buzz all through their operating range. Thats what they do.

I think you are fine.
Old 11-06-2002, 07:20 AM
Hircflyer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default servo hum

I have four brand new JR 537's in a new Hog Bipe and I'm having the same situation.

The servo's seem to buzz several seconds after they are actuated and then it stops.

So far hasn't affected the the flying and I ve been watching the battery drain. I check after each flight and the receiver battery dosn't seem to be dropping any faster then previous.

I heard that these servo's do buzz a little, I don't know why.
Old 11-06-2002, 08:17 AM
john flynn

Default servo hum

thanks for your replies, the voltage is 4.8 volts, sometimes the humming stops after a short duration other times it keeps going. Ive checked the control surfaces and they seem to be free and easy. Oh well, looks like i might have too put up with it. Thanks again fellas.
Old 11-06-2002, 03:52 PM
TerrellFlyer

Default servo hum

If after a few seconds the humming stops and there is no binding, I wouldn't worry,some times the weight of the control will cause them to hum a little,I've had the wind while at the flying field cause them to hum.