Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Ram Lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 11:08 AM
GRandolph

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ram Lights

Anyone else have problems with the Ram park flyer lights sold by Tower Hobbies? I just received a new set and powered them up with a 6V (5 cell) Nimh pack. They all lit up real nice. But after about 30 seconds I saw smoke coming from some of the LED bulbs! Is this normal? Lol
Old 08-25-2012, 04:53 PM
jetmech05

Default RE: Ram Lights

If you saw the magic smoke you're probably done.....Only a couple of things will let the magic smoke out. 1 is a short circuit. 2 Too much voltage.
Make sure the voltage requirements were met if so scream for your money back
Old 08-25-2012, 07:31 PM
GRandolph

Default RE: Ram Lights

The instructions say 4.8 to 12 volts and I am connecting a 5 cell Nimh pack at 6 volts. It takes about half a minute for some of the LEDs to start smoking. They still work since I unplugged them as soon as I saw the smoke. They cost $26 so you better bet TH will be hearing from me.