Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Servo Size?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 06:56 PM
viperdude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Size?

Recently while searching for a nice little fully functional aircraft to train my friend on, i came across this aircraft... http://www.rcuniverse.com/product_gu...product_id=668
Of course this is way out of a begginers league, and more into what i am capable of, and after making such a find, i would really like to transfer my electronics to this aircraft considering its my all time favorite prop-plane (real-life). My only dissappointment with this plane is the tail number... I prefer N540L- (im not sure if i can change it or not). Earlier in the year, they had a gas model, however the electric version was not in production, and now my dream come true, low and behold the 400 speed electric model. According to the website, it requires 4 micro servos,and a micro receiver. I currently own 4 hs-55 servos, and a cirrus mrx-6 micro receiver,which power my Wattage Mad Max. My question is weather or not this is compatable, i cant seem to find a website giving specific requirements. Does anybody out there have one of these, or know what its compatable with?

thanks guys...

Richard
Old 11-14-2005, 09:40 AM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Servo Size?

This link may answer your questions. It will tell you the torque needed. from there it is pretty easy to determine what servo(s) you need. There are several other calculators there also, so look around.

http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/eflight/calcs_servo.htm
Old 11-14-2005, 03:55 PM
viperdude

thanks man, however i dont quite have all that information either, so unfortuantely im gonna have to break down and coll them.. thanks for your help though!
Old 11-14-2005, 04:03 PM
viperdude

Wthis is a funny story, it appears none of the dealers know that information yet either, apparently the aircraft is only on presale right now, so i guess im goin to have to wait till chritmas to find out that stuff( funny thats abou the time i planned on getting it).. if only they had directly stated that in the website..