Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Aluminum landing gear stock??

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Aluminum landing gear stock??

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2002, 01:22 PM
Grackle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aluminum landing gear stock??

Good day all and thanks for reading,

I've had a lot of luck bending and soldering WIRE landing gear for a few models but generally they look a little rough. I've seen some Aluminum landing gear stock (Kind of like what you find in a lot of kits these days) that is rectangular and flat. I was hoping somebody could explain their technique of cutting this aluminum to shape and bending it to suit the model.

I would imagine a band saw or table saw (with suitable metal cutting blade) to cut and a vice or a brake press to bend.

Any info would be very helpful,

Thanks,

Bryan
Old 11-08-2002, 02:23 PM
Dsegal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aluminum landing gear stock??

For a detailed explanation of how to bend aluminum go to http://www.eskimo.com/~smallnet/ and click on "Articles by Joe Wagner" and then on "Aluminum Landing Gear". Flat blanks are sold by Sig Manufacturing. Pre-formed landing gears are available from Tower Hobbies- do a search so you will find others than the Great Planes gear.

Dave Segal