Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Air Whistle Help Please

Old 11-22-2005, 11:16 PM
Axis21

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Air Whistle Help Please

Cant seem to find anywhere to buy these air whistle I saw on a flying wing.I own wing warriors,zagis,slingers etc..They make a high pitched whistle and are very small in size,like a nickel(coin) size. I could use any help at all on where to buy these.I would like people to know its coming like a jet,not that you cant all ready hear the 3 turn brushlesses im running though. Please and Thank You!!
Old 11-23-2005, 12:25 AM
CCRC1
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Air Whistle Help Please

The last time I wanted one I confiscated it from my sons Nerf Football. They make some of the Nerf balls with whistles so they scream as they fly through the air. One of the R/C products Mfg's make nice machined aluminum ones. It may have be I4C products but I am not positive.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:29 AM
CCRC1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

OK, I was right. Here you go..........
http://www.i4cproducts.com/air_whistles.htm
Old 11-23-2005, 12:43 AM
mirwin
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: CCRC1

OK, I was right. Here you go..........
http://www.i4cproducts.com/air_whistles.htm
Bought two from i4cproducts last month for my Super Skybolt, and I have them tuned. Sounds like a supercharger.

Mike
Old 11-23-2005, 12:48 AM
FOD MAN

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i hate to sound like a knuckle head but do we really need to make our planes any louder than they already are. its just one more thing that someone can complain about and we dont need that .i dont fly at a club field often so i dont care one way or the other but some do, and alot more noise in a park is a sure way to lose the right to fly there also.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:31 AM
mirwin
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Perhaps you haven't heard these particular whistles before. They add a different sound to the plane, but they don't increase the Db count. In fact, they aren't nearly as noisy as a 2 stroke running at 10,000 RPM, even when that 2-stroke is 200' above us.

But you make a good point, FOD MAN. Everybody should be concerned about noise. This is the last year my club will fly at its present flying site because two subdivisions are beginning to encircle us and the farmer from whom we've leased our site for the past 14 years is subdividing for even more (very expensive) houses. Even if the farmer didn't sell out, it would be only a matter of time before a new neighbor, probably one who moved from the Washington, D.C. metro area to escape sirens and gun shots, would complain enough that we would be forced out.

In 14 years, we've had only one noise complaint. A farmer's wife complained to the county sheriff that, from her house (nearly 700 yards from the field) the noise was driving her crazy. A sheriff's deputy set up his db counter in her front yard, and determined that her lawn mower is over three times as loud as our planes and that their combine is over ten times as loud. That was ten years ago. Even with the db count in our favor we were very nearly shut down.

This past Sunday, one of our new neighbors complained of noise. After observing our activities for awhile, the deputy who came out determined that we weren't generating any noticeable noise, and commented that some people !QUOT!just hate to see others having fun.!QUOT!

Mike
Old 11-23-2005, 10:35 AM
CCRC1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Not all of the flying sites in the U.S. are next to homes and highways. Some of them are still in isolated areas that still allow modelers to fly without people sticking their nose into our business. The whistles he asked about are hardly air raid sirens. Most muffled .40 sized two strokes running wide open will easily override the noise.