Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

changing e-mail address and IP

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

changing e-mail address and IP

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 07:07 AM
airega1
My Feedback: (204)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default changing e-mail address and IP

If I change my E-Mail address and IP, do I have to change my profile, onscreen name, etc?
Old 11-23-2005, 09:51 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: changing e-mail address and IP

I don't know about your email address, but I would guess it's pretty easy to change. Go look at your profile. As far as the IP address, I connect to RCU from work, home, while traveling, etc,never a problem. Something I did a while ago is got an email address at Yahoo so I didn't have to go through the hassle of changing it every time I switched ISPs.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:49 PM
redfox435cat

the ip address is a non issue, I too can get on from anywere. For the email.

that yellow string of taps

hit the settings tab

hit the general settings tab

under e-mail hit on change

it will e-mail you a code and copy and past that code to the pop up window were asked
Old 11-24-2005, 04:30 AM
linclogs

Like Chuck (and for many of the same reasons) I also changed to a yahoo address. That way I can access it from anywhere on anyone's computer. Also, I relegate the yahoo address to be my "spam catcher". While you can set yahoo filters to eliminate much of the spam, some still gets through. But I use it for general emailing so if anyone gives, sells (or whatever) my address to others, it all goes through them. I also maintain another email address that I only give out to select friends and family. This one avoids all the unwanted spam.

I suspect much spam received is because some ISP's give (or sell) lists of their own customers' email addresses to others. I made sure my "private" email is through a company that states they won't do that in their privacy statement. So far, it's worked for a whole year.

I know for instance that SBC (partnered with SBC/Yahoo) DOES provide email addresses to others and that's why those accounts DO get a lot of spam. There was an article regarding this in a San Francisco newspaper several years ago. I used to be an SBC subscriber but was what they called a "legacy subscriber" meaning I subscribed BEFORE they partnered with SBC. They sent me constant emails (at least every week) trying to get me to "upgrade" to SBC Yahoo. I never did for exactly that reason. But a year ago, one company installed and offered fiber optic service in our town. I went with that and it's been great.