Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

SMOKE

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 02:15 PM
jamie
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SMOKE

can you put a smoke system on a 40 size plane like with a with a 40 os eng
Old 12-01-2005, 03:08 PM
redfox435cat

Default RE: SMOKE

depends on the plane. Yes it can be done. The question is will it fit in your plane. How much is your flight performance going to be affected by the extera weight. I've done it. I used a little more power than a 40fp though. did it with a tower 46. It worked. was kinda hoky and turned the plane, world models cap 232 into a pig, was ok if i put less than 2 oz of smoke into it. It's good to try setting a system up on a 40 sized plane you don't like much and play with it to really learn how they work. then put it into a 60 sized+ model.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:39 PM
Desert Toad

Default RE: SMOKE

Hey there,

I put a smoke system on a Hangar 9 superstik 40 size, but used a SuperTigre .75 engine. And it was STILL like flying a cement truck. Had to do a lot of work to fit it all in too, made a seperate hatch in the fuse behind the wing for the pump and battery, it offset the weight of the bigger motor that way - and all that fuel tubing running everywhere. And I think I used a 4 oz tank, can't really remember. But I DO remember putting it in the ground - was racing a buddy and messing around switching smoke on a off - opps.

DT