Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Assembly of Tettra tank

Old 12-02-2005, 06:35 PM
Desert Toad

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Assembly of Tettra tank

Howdy gang!

I just received my tettra tank for use with my YS motor (split a cheap one already). But I don't read Japanese very well, and I'm not real sure about how it goes together. Do I go with three lines, or just two? And what is that flat metal piece for?

Please help, I only want to do this once...

DT
Old 12-02-2005, 08:38 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Assembly of Tettra tank

The first question would have to be is this a Bubbless type Tetra or a conventional Tetra without the internal bladder. Big differances here.

I can however answer your question about that thin flat metal strap. It is intended as a chaffing guard under the clamp bolt between the rubber and the clamp. You will have to bend to a round shape and slip under the clamp ring in the area where the bolt is.

Any tanks of any type should be wrapped with filament tape for use with YS to preclude splitting.

John
Old 12-02-2005, 08:57 PM
Desert Toad

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ah, that helps a bunch. It is the standard tank without the bladder, hope I picked the right one.

So do I need two tubes or three? The box shows three lines with one that looks capped off. It's just so hard to get to, I don't want to have to do it again.

I wrapped the last one with tape (stock arf tank), and it split the back out of it, not even on a seam.

DT
Old 12-02-2005, 09:21 PM
JohnBuckner

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

DT yes you picked the appropriate tank. The bubbless bladder type would be redundant with the pumped system all YS's use. You can use a third line for filling if you want but the plug must be a good tight fit. My preference is to use only two line systems with the feed and pressure line looped just out and right back in the cowel where it is split with a coupler tube. In this way no fueling valve is needed or and extra tank line.

The tanks should not only be wrapped around but also lengthwise. Most important always when fueling a YS unplug the vent/pressure line first, never the feed line until the tank is vented.

This picture shows the feed line loop pulled out on one engine, when flown the loop is just pushed back flush. I don,t own any YS fourstrokes but do use the .45 two strokes that utilize the same pressure system.

John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66491.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	363895  
Old 12-03-2005, 02:06 PM
Desert Toad

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Okay, that helps a bunch, think I'll put it together today. But if the tank works the same way as all the others, what makes it bubbless or at least not burst, just stong construction? And what the heck is a crank tank?

thanks again,

DT
Old 12-03-2005, 03:45 PM
Ed Smith

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If your tank has not got the internal bladder it is not a "Bubbleless" tank.

Ed S
Old 01-21-2008, 12:01 AM
patzane

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have a Bubbless Tetra with bladder. How do I set this up. Any help thanks. I running it on TT 40
Old 01-21-2008, 08:15 AM
JohnBuckner

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The Bubbleless type tetra comes with the internal bladder already inside the tan and the mouth of the bladder comes out the lip of the hard tank shell opening and folded back over this lip.

The soft rubber plug has a short aluminim pipe pushed in one hole only, this to protrude to the center of the tank inside it should have a short piece of fuel tube on the inside end to prevent rupturing the bladder.

This plug is inserted in the outlet and the outside of the plug goes around the outside of the plug lip. This now has the clampring and bolt clamped aroun the whole thing to hole everything secure. There is a small retangular flat steel plate that is bent into a curve and slipped under the the clamp ring at the bolt to prevent crimping the soft rubber plug material.

This single outlet in the plug goes directly to the carb and is also where the tank is filled from. Muffler pressure goes to the fitting in the lower right hand side front of the hard shell of the tank.

Bubbless tanks are best filled with a large syringe with the proper amont of fuel in the syringe. Then attach fuel feed line held vertical and the plunger is pulled out more to remove all air in the tank before pushing the fuel into the tank.

Bubbless tanks should not be foam mounted (there is no need) do not use a clunk on that internal pickup tube. They will have fuel delivery characteristics far superior to conventional muffler pressure systems and can be mounted in most cases on the aircraft CG.

John
Old 01-21-2008, 08:23 AM
Ed Smith

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have a Bubbless Tetra with bladder. How do I set this up. Any help thanks. I running it on TT 40
For this tank use only two lines. One line goes to the pressure fitting on the case, the other goes to the inside of the bladder and is the fuel pickup. To set this line up slide a short piece of the aluminum tubing through the cap and into the bladder. On the inside end of this tube place a piece of fuel tubing long enough to reach to the middle of the tank, no longer. At the end of this fuel tubing cut a vee into the tubing, this will prevent the collapsing bladding from blocking the end of the pickup. About a 1/4" from the end of the tubing drill or pierce a small hole across the fuel tubing through both sides. This also aids fuel feed with a collapsing bladder.

Ed S
Old 01-21-2008, 11:25 AM
patzane

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

John and Ed this helps thanks