Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Storage tips for oddly-shaped/fragile items

Old 12-10-2005, 09:54 PM
albajet_5256H
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Storage tips for oddly-shaped/fragile items

Ok this is a question for all the veteran RC guys out there. After a year or so working out of a tiny workroom/storgae area my parents had one of those portable buildings (like the one's you see outside of Home Depot) built for me as a workshop in my backyard. I now have plenty of space for storage, but have run into another delimma. Now that I have devoted my time more and more to heli's and micro heli's, I have found that I always have spare servo's, battery packs, and gyros laying around constantly. I wanted to hear your tips on storing these oddly shaped/fragile items whre they are easily accesible, but are well protected. Something you need to know about me: I have the fault of always throwing away the original boxes for my radio gear, batts. etc. to save space. It seems like as much as I tell myself that I will need to keep the box, I always throw them away thinking, "Well, I'm using this servo/etc. now, and probably won't ever have to store it!" any tips?
Old 12-10-2005, 10:22 PM
desmobob

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Storage tips for oddly-shaped/fragile items

I use the plastic storage units I find in the hardware section at the 'Marts. They are grey plastic and have various sizes of clear plastic drawers. I make simple drawer labels with white masking tape and a Sharpie. They have really helped me organize my work area. They're cheap, too.

Take it easy,
desmobob
Old 12-10-2005, 11:09 PM
blikseme300
My Feedback: (118)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Albajet, I dispose of the original packaging becuase the significant other will see what I paid for it. I use the see-through plastic drawers to store my stuff. I get them at the *mart store.

Safe Flying!

PS - Dying modellers prayer: " Dear God, Please don't let her sell it for what I told her I paid for it."

Another PS - I do moonlighting to subsidise my habit & I give her half of what I make - I consider this "protection money" - so far it works, I am still alive.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:09 PM
red head

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If you can find old CIGAR boxes they work well for some items. Also tackel boxes from wally world work well. I use a small bait box in my flight box for nuts & bolts etc. ENJOY !!! RED