Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Things youve CA'd to yourself....

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Things youve CA'd to yourself....

Old 11-23-2005, 08:48 PM
txaggie08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Things youve CA'd to yourself....

I just CA'd my butt...to my sheet...then my hand to my butt...trying to grab a bottle of thin i dropped..............

Im also have had to take a piece off my goatee because i had wood filler in it from filling gaps in my wing....

I thought the kit builders could apprfeciate this.....lets here the good stories
Old 11-23-2005, 09:00 PM
goatboy

Default RE: Things youve CA'd to yourself....

glued a large scale warbird to my hand. had to wait for the wife to come home and get some acetone. until she got home I was contemplating trying to drive to the local hardware store with the plane ( a very large fusalage!!) attached to my hand. my kids thought it was real funny. Until I got loose.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:19 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used thin to close a wound on my son's forehead...yeah it happened. I remember thinking the kicker may not be the best idea. My wife has absolutely no sense of humor.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:31 PM
txaggie08

you know whats bad about that vicman.....they sell CA as "liquid stitches" at exhorbatant prices now........

And goatboy, what did you glue it with? ive glued several planes to my hands......and my lip to my teeth.....granted it pulled skin off but hey it grows back
Old 11-23-2005, 10:41 PM
Gollywock

Just the other day I read about someone who had filed a lawsuit against Home Depot after sitting down on a toilet that some joker had smeared with super glue. Seems they had to call in the fire department who had to unbolt the seat and haul this guy out of the store, seat and all, on a gurney. He claimed that it was the most humiliating experience of his life.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:48 PM
FOD MAN

I hope he flushed before help got there[:'(]
Old 11-24-2005, 04:57 AM
ho2zoo
My Feedback: (5)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I CA'd two fingers of my left hand way inside the fuselage of my Zero. About halfway between the wing saddle and the horizontal stab. I needed to glue a piece of thin plywood back there to strengthen a weak spot. Used a little more glue than really necessary! Nothing to do but carefully pry my fingertips off, leaving at least 3 layers of skin! But that wood stayed in there, by golly!

I really get into my models!
Old 11-24-2005, 05:50 AM
txaggie08

new lightening technique.........removing all the skin left on models from CA
Old 11-24-2005, 11:10 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You aren't a true builder until your DNA is on the plane. I don't even bother with my AMA number n the plane anymore...I've got skin and/or blood on all my planes!

Glued an ABS wheel pant to my hand last night trying to reinforce the inside seam with fiberglass.
Old 11-24-2005, 12:00 PM
Spaceclam

i've glued my hands to the bottle multiple times...
i've also glued myself to light switches, the keyboard i am typing this with, a root beer can, and a beautiful monokote finish[:@] i did not want to try acetone on monokote, so it left a nice fingerprint mark...
i wonder if anyone has ever used CA, went to the bathroom and ended up with their hand glued to their wang...
Old 11-24-2005, 12:05 PM
txaggie08

came close....
Old 11-24-2005, 12:23 PM
kdheath

I glued both hands to an Ugly Stik fuselage that was firmly tacked to the workbench, while home alone.

A kind of rotund friend was working in shorts, shirtless, and glued his belly to the bench.

Another guy lost track of his bottle of CA. Opened another one. Lost track of it. Gave up. Went in the house. His wife said, "Why do you have two bottles of glue stuck to your shirt?"
Old 11-24-2005, 12:55 PM
Spaceclam

is that a joke or did that actually happen to someone?
Old 11-24-2005, 01:59 PM
Deadeye

ORIGINAL: Spaceclam

is that a joke or did that actually happen to someone?
If you are referring to the Home Depot incident, yes it's true. Happened a few weeks ago.
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...rre&id=3619051
Old 11-24-2005, 02:03 PM
Spaceclam

i had never heard of that recent incident. ouch.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:05 PM
txaggie08

never sitting on a public toilet again.....
Old 11-24-2005, 02:11 PM
Deadeye

Sounds like the guy has tried it before. Would be a good (albeit dishonest) way to sue a large corporation. The ol glue and sue.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:55 PM
ecmiller

Just a history lesson. Vicman's response caught my attention. Did you know CA glue was actually invented during WWII to do just what Vicman used it for...closing wounds.
Old 11-24-2005, 10:27 PM
Spaceclam

and it was soon discovered that CA works as a great artificial callous for guitar players who wear them out like me...
Old 11-25-2005, 10:39 AM
jlobster88
My Feedback: (1)

I was using CA on my plane and then went to go play pool, and we all know what happened. I glued my hand to the pool stick. One of my friends was using CA on his plane, he thought that it was all dried on his fingers so he started cheing it off, well it wasn't all dried and ended up gluing his fingers to his teeth. His dad did pretty much the same thing, when his dad went to the dentist the next day the dentist told him to keep doing whatever he was doing to his teeth for they were so clean. Mabey CA is the new whitener.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:49 AM
CP140

I managed to ca my pants and me to a wing section... silly me. I was in my sunday best waiting for the better half to finish her preparations before heading out the door to church... I thought to myself, "Hmm...seems I have a few minutes." I went downstairs and CA'd a section of wing sheeting into place as it had not quite held the first time. I balanced the wing section across my knee as I held the sheeting in place. After the ca kicked off, I went to put the wing section back on the table. I must have dripped glue onto my leg and then stuck the wing section into the glue 'cause the wing was now stuck to my pants... hey, no big deal... I'll just take off the pants and change pants before she sees me like this. Damn ca soaked throught he pants and into the leg hairs.... [:@] man that hurt! I'll never wax my legs ever again!

I managed to sand paper the cloth fibers off the sheeting, but the ca just would not come out of the pants...no... debonder and and acetone didn't help... well, they did do funny things to the fabric... but I needed new pants anyway!
Old 11-28-2005, 07:06 AM
SoonerAce
My Feedback: (1)

While attaching the Stab to my first Kadet, I somehow attached the tail of the plane to my... Ummmm lap![X(] lets just say the quantity of acetone used was in direct proprotion to the fear in my Ummmmm... heart![:@]

My neighbor came to my house last week with his hand attached to his ear, and a nice long CA scar running down his arm to his armpit,,,,,,,Paniced, he said he had taken the top off, because it was clogged(actually a new bottle not snipped yet) and while talking to someone on the phone, bumped it off a shelf and it splashed down his arm. He threw the phone out of reflex(which now can't be used to dial any 4s or 9s), then slapped himself in the side of the head out of disgust from doing such a foolish thing,,,which led to him welding his hand to his ear. I had to try to keep it together as I dribbled debonder on his hand and ear,,,He bought the bottle for 10 bucks. An hour later I heard him shriek as he found the CA in his armpit.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:28 AM
asmithnc

Let's just say a (friend) of mine being (me). Was in a hurry and the tip to the thin ca had skinned over and I used my teeth to remove the build up. Well, Lets say I was unaware of the pressure I was squeezing on the tube and once cleared the thin ca filled my mouth. My teeth were glued shut and my lips were too. Had to go to the dentist to have the ca cleaned off my teeth. My new nick name from my wife is now (DUMB A**).
Old 11-28-2005, 04:12 PM
txaggie08

i used sand paper on my lip to get it off one time.................

You know, i had a so much cleaner experience building my four star with mainly would glue thios time...........
Old 11-28-2005, 09:42 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used medium CA to put a workmates tooth back in one time too. He didn't have enough$ to go to the dentist and asked if I had any ideas. As far as I know it has been in place for ten years now. I forgot about that one.

BTW he said kicker tasted pretty bad.[sm=bananahead.gif]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.