Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Best plane after your trainer......

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Best plane after your trainer......

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 10:14 PM
Hobie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best plane after your trainer......

Does anyone know how does the Sig 4* .40 compare to the the Goldberg Tiger II ? The 4* .40 is already a tail dragger . I have been told by some members of my flying club that he 4* .40 isn't that good but have read nothing but good things about it here and on other RC discussion boards . Like I said the 4* .60 is what I really want and I know I should just go for it but it is so much more $$$$ for the kind of engine I would want to put on it . I know none of you can make up your mind for me but would I be as happy with the Tiger II or the 4*.40 as I would with the 4 * .60 ? Sorry again for butting in .
ORIGINAL: bkyrdflyer

The Tiger 2 is easy to convert to tail dragger. I bought the ARF, front landing gear, and Sullivan tail gear at the same time and built it this way from the beginning. The fuse is ready to accept the tail dragger gear from the factory and I believe you can buy the kit from Goldberg. The Four Star 60 is a little more forgiving since it is bigger but both are easy to fly and land. The O.S. .46 has all the power you need for this plane. You won't be dissappointed. Oh Yeah, starting out you will want to use low rates .
Old 01-19-2006, 02:31 AM
perttime

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: bigdanusa
ORIGINAL: britbrat
I just re-read your question -- are you referring to a "second plane", or are you asking what is our all-time favorite flying machine?
I was referring to your all-time favorite flying machine.

sorry

Big Dan
The all time favorite is not built yet
I really enjoy my GWS Formosa park aerobat but I want to get bigger. I have an OK Model Seduction Streamline kit waiting to be built. It should fly well. Before I finish that, I might make a bigger-than-Formosa foamy aerobat (get some foam from the hardware store, cut and glue until it looks like an airplane). Then I think I will go bigger again.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:16 AM
CP140

My favourite thus far is my 4 Star 60....
Old 01-19-2006, 12:43 PM
mnrcaerobat
My Feedback: (197)

SUper Sportster by Great planes