Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

RC Parachute Men

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

RC Parachute Men

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 07:57 AM
adstott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Parachute Men

I just read in the new Fly RC mag. about these RC parachute men. After I read about them, I new I would have to get one eventually. Can anyone out there give some more info on them with some pictures of the piggyback device that carries the parachuter on the plane.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:19 PM
donkey doctor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RC Parachute Men

hello; This brought back a memory; i (and my 9 year old som) made 25 army parachutists with dry cleaner bags and toy soldiers. I talked 6 or 7 other guys into taking them aloft and letting them all gto at the same time over the field. They caught a thermal and all went up up up and over the nearest mountain, all but the two that didn't open.

I hope I don't hijack this thread.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:07 PM
adstott

No, that's okay. I'm surprised no one has one of these. I know it's not an airplane but it is airplane related. Personnaly I don't know why you'd want to jump out of a perfectly good model airplane. That's the best joke I have. I'll be here all night, thank you very much.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:04 PM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got one or at least I should say my wife has one that hasn't been used for a few years. Hers was a wooden doll that we recarved some and made into a lady jumper. We used it at a few airshows until she got tired of chasing it through the been fields when she couldn't completly control it ( she isn't an RC flier ). When I could get someone else to drop it I didn't have any problem hitting the field and never had a good chance to show her what she was doing wrong. MY BAD !!!
The one we had came out of Kentucky, I don't have the address but the name of the company was R/C Skydive USA. You might try a search. It was a pretty good rig and we dropped it from under my Aero Star 60 that had been modified. Now she just sits in her box and sleeps, maybe someday we will wake her up and try some more. ENJOY !!! RED
Old 02-02-2006, 06:00 PM
tsands
My Feedback: (3)

http://www.rcdropzone.com/
Old 02-03-2006, 01:17 AM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

I put a bomb bay in my modified Sig Kadet Senior and I have been dropping stuff out of it. I picked up 12 pre rigged plastic jumpers at a party supply store for 6$. The have a rectangular parachute with an American Flag on it and all I have to do is remove the rubber band and fluff it out, repack it and stick it in the plane. So far two have risen in the wind and drifted out of site so I have to start dropping them lower or adding some weight.

I started thinking though that they are big enough to add a micro servo and reciever and a small 2cell lithium battery. I can carve a box out of the back to mount the servo and rig it to pull the corners of the square chute down to turn left or right. The reciever and battery would go at the feet to keep it weighted right. I have everything but the lithiums and I think a 7.4volt 300mah would be pretty cheap and light.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:51 AM
BasinBum

And ten minutes later out in the garage.....

It's a Berg reciever with the case removed and some heat shrink. I hollowed out the back with the Dremel and the hot glue gun is warming up as I type. I think I'll add a platform at the feet to attach the battery. A long double servo arm with string attached to the corners maybe.

What do you guys think? Pull the back corners, front or both together? Left and right of course.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54757.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	400974   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez83657.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	400975  
Old 02-03-2006, 01:53 AM
BasinBum

And some more
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd93486.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	400976   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm38478.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	400977   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz70167.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	400978  
Old 02-03-2006, 02:01 AM
BasinBum

I also think a spreader bar to flaten out the chute might help a few inches up from the where it attaches to the jumper and maybe 2 or 3 inches wide.