Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

JR RX/ SERVOS

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 01:51 PM
nosler1975

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR RX/ SERVOS

HELP I HAVE JUST FINISHED A EDGE 540T PROFILE AND HAVE PUT IN 4 JR 591 SERVOS AND A R700 PPM RX THIS IS THE THIRD RX AS I SEEM TO KEEP WRECKING THEM BEFORE I EVEN GET OF THE GROUND???????

WHEN ALL SET UP THE RUDDER SEEMS TO STALL HALFWAY THROUGH MOVEMENT AND SO DOES THE ELEV AND THEN THEY CATCH UP ??

IT IS A NEW HD JR SWITCH AND A GOOD CRYSTAL, NO MIXS ON RADIO ??

ANY IDEAS??

CHEERS JOHN

Old 02-04-2006, 01:57 PM
DMcQuinn
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: JR RX/ SERVOS

If the servos have been in a crash, sometimes the gears inside get stripped. With the servo unplugged, try to move the output arm back and forth. If a gear is stripped, you will find a bad spot. If all gears are ok, then the movement of the output arm will be uniform. This takes a good bit of force to force the arm back and forth, because you are moving all the gears inside all the way through the motor.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:15 PM
nosler1975

I HAVE CHECKED SERVOS AND SEEM FINE BUT SOME TIMES THE STALLING GOES AWAY, ALL THE TIME IF ON HIGH RATES??
BUT THAT WOULD NOT EXPLAIN HOW THE MODEL SEEMS TO BE EATING RX`s

John
Old 02-05-2006, 12:11 AM
2slow2matter
My Feedback: (1)

You've crashed a plane three times hard enough to destroy receivers, and you haven't even gotten it off the ground yet? You need to be asking other questions, my friend...
Old 02-05-2006, 01:11 AM
agexpert
My Feedback: (1)

OK wait a minute!!

First, send all of those bad JR PCM receivers to me. I will dispose of them for you.

I have read the post several times and I think it says that you have some binding control surfaces in a plane that has never flown and you are repeatedly replacing receivers. Is that right? (If so, why are you assuming it's the Rx?)

Remember to 'send all of those bad JR PCM receivers to me for proper disposal'. I uh .... have a special license.... yeah...uh, ....a license.

I may have misunderstood and missed something important, like what Tx are you using? Does it have the correct shift selection for that Rx? Is it a PCM Tx? etc...

Good Luck!!
Old 02-05-2006, 02:37 AM
nosler1975

Okay lads i will try and explain again................

My nice new Extreme 540t edge profile likes to eat RX..

RX lost to date, 1no R700 JR
1no R610 JR
1no 148 FATUBA
I have no mixs in the radio,
no binding surfaces
modulation correct

what i do have is the RUD/ELVE servos on exts running side by side the full length or the model???
Old 02-06-2006, 04:57 PM
sivlE

I only fly on JR and it sounds to me like it could be a Tx problem. Could you explain how you lost the 3 Rx's and what you mean by "eating them". Have you checked the current draw when activating the servos?
Old 02-06-2006, 10:18 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hangar 9 has a special 'voltmeter' that can be placed between the servo and the rx and will indicate your amp draw or your voltage. I'd suggest you purchase one. Part # HAN171 " Digital Variable Load Voltmeter" @ $40.00. THAT will tell you if you have anything draining your system.