Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Sheeting on Foam Wing Repair?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Sheeting on Foam Wing Repair?

Old 02-06-2006, 12:03 PM
aegis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sheeting on Foam Wing Repair?

I have an ARF wing that has some areas where the sheeting is not glued to the foam. I was thinking of injecting some Gorilla Glue under the sheeting in these areas. Is that the right way to do it? Would it be advisable to have "weep holes" so that any extra glue could escape when expanding rather than trying to push up the sheeting?

Dan
Old 02-06-2006, 01:09 PM
oscar2005

Default RE: Sheeting on Foam Wing Repair?

if you have the shucks from the cores you can use the gorilla glue but weight the shucks down on a flat surface as the glue foams as it cures and will cause the balsa to lift even more.i have used pva glue or slow drying 30 minute or more epoxy.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:32 PM
aegis

if you have the shucks from the cores you can use the gorilla glue but weight the shucks down on a flat surface as the glue foams as it cures and will cause the balsa to lift even more.i have used pva glue or slow drying 30 minute or more epoxy.
It's an ARF so there aren't any shucks. Sounds like a non-expanding glue is the way to go ....

Dan
Old 02-06-2006, 07:34 PM
DMcQuinn
My Feedback: (13)

I have injected gorilla glue using a syringe. works well. Without the shucks, I'd just make sure there is some weight over the area. Use some waxed paper betwen the balso and the weight. The gorilla glue may come back out thru the hole or thru other cracks in the balsa