Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Dubro Pull-Pull 2-56 kit question

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Dubro Pull-Pull 2-56 kit question

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 10:25 PM
dmcmike
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dubro Pull-Pull 2-56 kit question

How many of you have used this kit? I'm having a problem with the crimps. Now, years ago, I flew CL, so I know how to make cable loops, but back then, we never had "coated" wire to use, and for the life of me, I can't get this cable through the crimp 2 times, let alone the traditional third, then crimp. Do you need to strip off the plastic coating? I finally broke down and tried that, but this braided cable is a major pain to cut and keep in one piec to fit though them itty, bitty holes! I'm just wondering if some larger crimps are needed, or maybe just say bag it and go get some 50# spiderwire fishing line at Walmart. Any Suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 02-08-2006, 02:13 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Dubro Pull-Pull 2-56 kit question

It's easier to go to the hobby shop and pick up a slightly larger size of copper tubing and cut new crimps. You're not the only one that has had this problem. Don't bother stripping the plastic from the cable.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:00 PM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never felt the need to pass the cable thru the tube 3 times. Two, with a hard squeeze has always worked for me.
And when I run out of the supplied tubes, I use 1/16" ID brass.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:30 PM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've heard that the cables should be crossed under the crimp, not side by side but I'm with you I like the third pass ( loop ) and crimp so I cut new crimps and use them. ENJOY !!! RED
Old 02-08-2006, 04:43 PM
cyclops2

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I use Spider Wire or Equiv. And very small fishing SNAPS--- the snaps prevent knot tension binding around neutral on small servos.