Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Ordering from overseas

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Ordering from overseas

Old 02-10-2010, 09:02 PM
willig10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering from overseas

All:
I need some help here. I have found a wholesaler overseas (Alibaba) that I can order from. What I need to know is this.

1. Has anyone ever done business with them?
2. How is the service
3. Can you provide me what experiences you have had?

Thanks.

you can e-mail me on my personal address if needed.

Glenn Williams
[email protected]
Old 02-10-2010, 10:53 PM
bbbair

Default RE: Ordering from overseas

Hey Guys;

I know we all like to get a deal - who isn't working on a budget these days?

BUT!

If you are new to the Hobby...stay close to home and ask your local pals what to buy and who to buy from.

IF you have been around a while... you know what you are looking for and are willing to take a chance with a new supplier in order to save some SERIOUS Cash.

IF you are at all nervious about a deal ... stay close to home. It will save you lots of heart ache.

IMHO
Old 02-11-2010, 04:42 AM
willig10

I am not new to the hobby. I am not looking for a warranty or service. I just want to know if anyone has dealtwith the alibaba crowd. I am wanting to buy some hangar 9 stuff from them and the prices are OUTSTANDING. But before I do I want to talk with someone who has done it before.

GLenn
Old 02-11-2010, 05:38 AM
yojoelay

Glenn,

I had a look at Alibaba (http://www.alibaba.com) - always have an eye out for a deal. It seems to me that this is a site designed to refer you to suppliers around the world - they do not appear to be a retailer themselves. So, it seems impossible to answer your question because you aren't dealing with Alibaba, you're dealing with whoever the site refers you to for the product you're after. Presumably Alibaba gets some fee for their referral, I can't imagine they're doing it for their health.

Apologies if I've misread this.

All the best,

Joel
Old 02-11-2010, 06:14 AM
willig10

Let me be a little more Conscise. The company I am reffering to on Alibaba is Bayo Simago. The owner or contact person is Gunadi Pratama. He sells hobby stuff. I am worried about be scammed. So before I send my hard earned money over there I was wondering if someone in this forum has dealt with him before. I have always heard if it sounds to good to be true it probably is. But it doesnt hurt to check. Hope this clears it up somewhat.

Thanks
Glenn
Old 02-11-2010, 09:19 AM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just did a google search on alibaba and got a lot on scams and phishing hits. I dont know if its the same alibaba but from the sound of it, could be. Sounded like a central repository for a bunch of vendors. Take a look and see if its who you're talking about. Based on the little I read, its hit or miss. Your call, but think I'll pass.
Edwin
Old 02-11-2010, 09:58 AM
P-Y
My Feedback: (1)

I found this interesting thread about alibaba: [link]http://www.fraudwatchers.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-2168-p-3.html[/link]
Not sure i'd buy anything from them