Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

tires

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 09:56 PM
bigdarylg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tires

i recently purchased a used 4*120 with inflatable tires,my question is what do i need to use to inflate these as far as a needle goes? will a standard basketball needle do the trick?
thanks
Old 02-28-2006, 12:21 AM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: tires

Trying to get those tires inflated and then put the stem back in before they deflate and loose all the air you just pumped in will be an exercise in futility that you don't want to get into.

Plug them up and let them just have whatever air is in them now--or replace them.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:32 AM
ashley95

WHY BOTHER WITH IT JUST RPLACE EM
Old 02-28-2006, 11:22 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The two sets of inflatables I have both came with their own adapter to fill. No air escapes the valve when removed. You need the adapter from Dubro (assuming that is your brand).
Old 07-08-2006, 03:09 PM
prb

hi, does anyone know how to fix the air valves on dubro inflatable scale tires, i have several that won't hold air because the valve leaks. i use the filler device that dubro sells but any air that goes in comes right back out. any fixes out there , would appreciate hearing of them. thanks phil b.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:31 PM
flipstart

Dubro sells the replacement core valves for the tires. Just replaced a couple for a friend of mine on his Tiger Moth. Its been a while but seems like they just pull out and press in -then use the inflater stem that comes with the tires to air them up. Kind of tricky to add air-use a low pressure source or you may have an explosion. I did add just a little super goo to help the new stems seal mo better. Does not seem like a very good design but it is low pressure.