Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Looking for a replacement

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Looking for a replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 08:03 PM
dpannell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a replacement

Early in my days in RC I had a Super Kraft S\K50. This little airplane allowed me to gain loads of experience learning new maneuvers. Unfortunately I lost the main wing one day coming out of a loop. After moving 10 months ago I've had little time to keep up the skills I learned. I would love to find another one of those SK50's to get back in the grove again this spring, but they seam to be out of production. Would any one know where I might find one of these little planes?
Old 02-28-2006, 09:30 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Looking for a replacement

They are still around. Kangke USA is the importer

http://www.*********at.com/ARFs/SK-F50.htm

R/C Hobbies

17503 Emerald Canyon Dr.

San Antonio, Tx 78232
Old 03-01-2006, 07:39 AM
dpannell

Thanks for the quick reply. I've already contacted Kangke USA and the *********at.com site with no success. None of my internet searches have produced anyone that still has a supply for this ARF. I guess what I'm looking would be either finding someone that has something up on a dusty shelf or a good recommendation for a suitable substitute. I feel this little plane was so forgiving that I can't imagine that it is out of production or not had a comparable replacement.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:48 AM
firstplaceaviator
My Feedback: (27)

dpannell,
I have never flown an SK 50. But, there are SSooo many planes available that I am sure you can find a good replacement.
What characteristics did you really like about the SK 50?
What type of flying do you want to persue? Sport, 3D, Pattern, Scale, Blazing speeds, ect........
What type of engine and radio do you have?
Old 03-01-2006, 09:43 AM
w8ye

You might do periodic searches on the auction sites for your bird?

All kinds of stuff comes up on those sites that you would never dream was still around.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:13 AM
2slow2matter
My Feedback: (1)

I bet it would fly very similarly to a hanger 9 ultra stick 40, or GP big stick 40. They just don't have fancy cowls or cabins.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:09 AM
w8ye

I have several stick type planes and they all fly good. I have two Ultra Stick 40's and a Ultra Stick 120. I also have a Super Stick 60, Big stick 60 and a Bridi Stick with a Homelite 30. They all fly about the same except for the wing loading factor.

The Ultra Stick 40 is a real bargain in ARF type planes.

Enjoy,

Jim
Old 03-01-2006, 10:56 PM
dpannell

Thanks for the input guys. I'm just a weekend flier that punches holes in the sky for fun, so a sport plane is what I'm looking for. Not much in this part of the country to do but that. I was racing warbirds out west in Arizona, man that was fun. I've been watching Ebay and here at RCU for sometime now for this little bird. My SK50 flew with a .52 2 cycle, but that wouldn't have to be the engine I use. The local airfield is sort of small, got about 200 ft. of usable runway, so a substitute would have to be either small or come equipped with flaps. I'm not to concerned about scale on this project, just want something that will allow me to sharpen my skills again. Want to do some rolls, loops maybe a cuban eight now and then and not look like the armature that I am.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:27 AM
firstplaceaviator
My Feedback: (27)

You really should try the Ultra Stick 40.
I have flown one that had a Thunder Tiger .46 on it.
It really flew great! It is exactly what you are looking for.
I agree with Jim on this. The Ulta Sticks are bargain.
By the way, I've never heard of the wing coming off an Ultra Stick!
Doug
Old 03-02-2006, 09:33 AM
w8ye

I have a red US40 from Hanger 9 with the quad flaps and a Saito 72. I have another yellow one with no flaps and a Saito 56.

They are both great and you are not going to pull a wing off a Ultra Stick.

The Big sticks from Great Planes were the ones that the wings would fold on. It was the first batch of the Monocoat covered ones. Since then they have been OK.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:19 PM
JohnBuckner

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Dennis

This is what became of DPannell's old Super Kraft wing and thats Dennis holding it. Good to hear your flying agine.

John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85031.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	418816   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb90288.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	418817  
Old 03-02-2006, 09:13 PM
dpannell

That sure does bring back some good memories. That awkward looking thing I'm holding sure turned some heads out west there in the Kingman area. How have you been John? Dang it's good to hear from you.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:39 PM
JohnBuckner

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Dennis I,ve been having a lot of fun lately with a Magic Extra from Hobby People. It a super flyer and a dirt cheap ARF if ya can overlook the cheap china coat film. Its a lot better airplane than that old Super Kraft. There are lots of altenatives today some have been mentioned above. I fly mine with a full wave piped Rossi .45 and thats an increditable combination. I added a I4c whistle set http://www.i4cproducts.com/index.htm and told no one about it. Sounds like a turbine and its got everyone scratching their head for months now. I,ll add a couple of pics of the whistles and the airplane in a few minutes.

You need to come back to civilazation for a vist. The Red Yippee was raced with much success at Speedworld (the one after you left) and I loved it so much I built another this one blue and called Yuppee will be raced by Boyd H. That will be three 38's in every round going for blood come march 25th
Heres a couple of pics of the Red Yippee at the races and the new Blue Yuppee that will be maidened next week.

John

The Gympy Guy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24758.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	218.9 KB
ID:	419040   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av67693.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	270.3 KB
ID:	419041   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wc77681.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	268.2 KB
ID:	419042   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bv59083.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	419043  
Old 03-03-2006, 10:11 PM
dpannell

John I just finished reading your thread about the warbird races, man I miss that stuff. That pipe on the Magic Extra looks like it might get in the way of the aileron, but you always have done the impossible, or seemingly impossible. I'm going to check that one out it might be the answer to my question.

Looks like my trip to Kingman has been rescheduled to the first of May now. When I get there we need to make a run on that buffet place you used to steal cookies from, deal?