Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Electric or gas scale ARF 60

Old 03-11-2006, 02:41 PM
msouers

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Electric or gas scale ARF 60

ADVICE! I am a new flyer having purchased the Styker F27B to learn with. I have gotten pretty good flying it. I would love to fly a Warbird scale 60 ARF plane with retractable wheels. What motor should I get?
electric or gas? I am not too concerned about cost just want quality and lots of fun in the long run.
Old 03-11-2006, 03:16 PM
redfox435cat

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Electric or gas scale ARF 60

What kinda of power to use is totaly subjective and that depends entireley on what you want. People are going to scream electric is the way of the future. that's bull. Other say only go glow other only fly gas. Gas is going to give the most reliabilty. electric is going to coast more. though electric has come along way the reliabilty still isn't there, electric is awsome on thr .25 sized class and smaller. For 60 sized models I say get a glow 4 stroke. With war birds speed isn't the objective but it helps. A YS 1.10 I'm finding are the best engine around. Saito in aclose second with the saito 1.25 is becoming a popular motor. gas engine are very reliable. I found that though they work on 60 sized models there kinda of on the borderline of being slighly overweight and under powered at this size. Go for gas on a .90+ sized and larger