Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

asp 1.08 prop size

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

asp 1.08 prop size

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 01:44 PM
txntlidie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default asp 1.08 prop size

does anyone have any idea what size prop is best to use on a ASP 1.08 I'm wanting to use it in a bee gee 120 plane but I'm lost on the prop size
Old 03-12-2006, 01:59 PM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: asp 1.08 prop size

A buddy and I have Magnum 1.08s and for a scale plane the best we have found is an APC 16-6 or 15-8.

The Magnum and the ASP, as I recall, are the same engine. They tend to be torquer engines as opposed to high rpm engines. The instructions that came with mine mentioned a 13-8 or 14-8, but from flight tests, those didn't give any better performance than a .91. When we started going to big props and lugging the engine down, it came to life. For your large cowl on the GeeBee, I'd say a 16-6.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:29 PM
txntlidie

Kewl, thats a lot of help, sounds like you a little familiar with the Bee Gee plane. Any other sugestions?
Old 03-12-2006, 05:02 PM
ArCeeFlyer
My Feedback: (1)

I have an ASP 1.08 too and ditto on those props sizes. I was using a MA 16x6 on it in a Senior Telemaster. I can put 8 extra pounds of cargo on that plane and still fly with reasonable control. [8D]
Old 03-16-2006, 07:53 PM
RHarding
My Feedback: (3)

Ed,

I recently bought a new in box ASP 61 for almost nothing. I am not familiar with ASP. I collect older engines. On the side of the box is printed World Engines in Cincinnati Ohio. Can you tell me anything about this engine? About when was it built? I don't plan on using it, just couldn't turn it down. Are they still being built? Who is the distrubator now?

Thanks,
Richard