Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Futaba 7CAP Support

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Futaba 7CAP Support

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 12:13 PM
DrFrier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 7CAP Support

I'm nearly finished asseblying my GSP Cap232. I used 2 elevator servos. After an hour of fooling around with my radio (Futaba's 7CAP), and radio instruction manual, I was finally able to mix the two servos and elevator halfs sucessfully. However, when I adjust the elevator trim, only one servo moves.

Does Futaba have support on RCU like WildhareRC does? How do I get this problem solved?

Thanks,

Jim

Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:15 PM
burgh_guy61
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: Futaba 7CAP Support

Yes they do, and between here or there hope you get your answer.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_125/tt.htm
Old 03-22-2006, 12:53 PM
DrFrier

Thanks for your help. I went to that site and posted the same question. However, I noticed there were other unanswered questions there. How often does Futaba check that site and follow up on problems/questions?

Thanks,

Jim

Failure is the oportunity to begin again more intelligently
Old 03-22-2006, 02:51 PM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The short answer to your question is, you cannot do it in the radio. The capability simply isn't there. You'll have to use a reversing Y-harness or other electronic aid to tie two servos into one channel. As you discovered, you CAN use a Pmix to make it happen, but then you have no trim on the slaved side.

If you'll look a few posts down from your original one in that forum, you'll see a fellow with the same question. He was asked about his set-up, etc., when a simple "no" would suffice. Perhaps "they" are reluctant to admit to any faults; dunno why that would be, because the 7C is a good radio otherwise. Why Futaba left out dual elevator servo capability on it is puzzling, but the fact remains.

Bottom line is, you've got two choices; employ an auxillary device to gang your two elevator servos into Channel Two, or get another radio. The fellow mentioned above decided to upgrade to a 9C.

Who won that one???
Old 03-22-2006, 03:41 PM
redfox435cat

you got two options to do it right, the 7cap just doesn't do. I asked futaba about this a few months ago. their replied was this radio is an upgraded 6EXA not a downgraded 9C. so either

get a 9c radio

or get a pair of hitec digital servos and a programmer and reverse one of the servos.

you can do a y harness and reverse but the problem there is you'll have a hard time getting the servos to match. the movement and time will not line up
Old 03-22-2006, 03:46 PM
DrFrier

Thanks Steve,

I'll have to order that Futaba SR-10 Dual Servo reverser from Tower Hobbies. I appreciate your input.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:16 AM
pettit
My Feedback: (23)

It is possible to reverse the servo internally, but it is not for the weak of heart or shakey-of-hand types.

Find someone in your club to do it for you or look for a ham radio operator to do this.

There's lots of posts about this all over RCU.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:47 AM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: DrFrier

Thanks Steve,

I'll have to order that Futaba SR-10 Dual Servo reverser from Tower Hobbies. I appreciate your input.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I believe you should follow redfox's advice. If the elevator halves aren't perfectly in sync, the model will never fly right.