Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

SERVOS MAKING NOISE

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

SERVOS MAKING NOISE

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 11:17 AM
RCHYFLYER
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SERVOS MAKING NOISE

when I turn my plane on my servos make noises like hummimg sounds are the servos under a strain? should they make noises while in neutral position? also my rudder shutters when I'm in close with the radio? I'm running a 6v battery and the controls are very sensitive until I dial in some expo.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:31 AM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: SERVOS MAKING NOISE

Servos that are hummng are feeling some kind of stress. Most likely a control rod or something is binding. Some servos, especially Hitec's will be jittery when the battery is freshly charges and a minute or two of just moving the sticks will take care of this.

Sevos running on 6 volts are quicker (more responsive) so it's fairly normal to have them feel more sensitive to the sticks

When you have the radio close to the antenna, sometimes this can make a servo or all of them jumpy. To be sure I would look for sources of interference. This also depends sometimes on if you are outside versus inside.

I have the same problem in my shop. I have allot of florencent lights in my ceiling and in some cases having everything turned on and being really close to the plane can cause a jitter. Outside I have no problems
Old 03-20-2006, 11:43 AM
RCHYFLYER
My Feedback: (1)

oh I forgot to mention my servos are digital
Old 03-20-2006, 11:03 PM
broke_n_bummin

If your servos are "buzzing", they're stalling or binding from stress. Make sure your control surfaces move somewhat freely and don't stick. If your radio has trims, you can trim them back untill the buzzing stops. If not, you'll have to play with the servo arm and clevices till you find a happy neutral.
A narrow band receiver might help with the jittering, and get away from large metal objects. Do they jitter when the TX is off?
Old 03-21-2006, 03:45 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Digital servos are known for the noise they make
Old 03-21-2006, 07:52 PM
redfox435cat

what kind of digital. some of the futaba digitals can't tolerate 6v. Anyway digitals are going to buzz