Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

DUAL RECEIVERS QUESTION

Old 03-23-2006, 09:02 PM
BobbyT

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default DUAL RECEIVERS QUESTION

I’m thinking about using two receivers in my next airplane. Reason being to see how it works, and to reduce long servo leads. My question is: are there any pitfalls to avoid in routing the two antennas; or in the placement of the receivers?

I intend to locate one receiver in the tail along with the elevator and rudder servos. The other receiver will be in the cabin area for the aileron, throttle, and cutoff servos. With this setup, I will route the rear antenna towards the front, and the cabin receiver’s antenna towards the tail, but laterally separated by the width of the fuselage. Each receiver will have it's own battery pack.

Anyone foresee any interference issues with this setup, or if there is a better way?

Thanks for any input.

BobT.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:39 PM
DMcQuinn
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: DUAL RECEIVERS QUESTION

This should work. But most dual receiver setups are designed to drive left half and right half of plane for redundancy. With your setup, if either receiver fails, you are likely to crash, so you are doubling your chances of crashing with a receiver failure. Of course, receiver failures are rare enough these days that you may not be worried about this. Personally, I prefer to buy one good receiver and use good extensions, batteries, switches, and servos.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:51 AM
KW_Counter

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: DUAL RECEIVERS QUESTION

Is your plane long enough that the rear antenna will fit inside the plane totally outstretched?
If not you will then need to fold it back on itself - not good.
KW_Counter