Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Getting 1/2 stick to equal 1/2 throttle...

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Getting 1/2 stick to equal 1/2 throttle...

Old 03-30-2006, 02:04 PM
xray328
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting 1/2 stick to equal 1/2 throttle...

My Enya .15 wasn't shutting off. So I removed and disassembled the carb, easy enough. But now I can't get the stick setting to equal the throttle setting. I have tried to adjust the arm on the barrel (loosened the screw and moved the arm) The servo is trying to push the barrel arm too far at both open and closed throttle. I can adjust that with EPA's. But when I do, from 0-50% stick movement only gives me 0-25% barrel movement. Then 51-100% stick movement =26-100% barrel movement. So 1/2 stick movement is 1/4 barrel movement. The barrel moves slowly below 1/2 throttle and quickly from 1/2 to WOT. How do I fix this? I have a Futaba 6EXA.

Thanks!
Old 03-30-2006, 02:15 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Getting 1/2 stick to equal 1/2 throttle...

Set the position of the throttle arm on the carburetor so that 1/2 throttle opening has the throttle arm pointed straight down. You should then have equal travel from there to both full idle and full open.

Set the servo so that 1/2 stick has the servo arm at exactly 90 degrees to the axis of the servo. Adjust your pushrod to maintain those relationships. Now adjust your full-throttle endpoint and idle endpoints in the transmitter so that you don't stall the servo at the extremes. That should give you the travel adjustment you wish. A little bit of fine-tuning of the pushrod geometry should let you dial it in exactly.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:06 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Getting 1/2 stick to equal 1/2 throttle...

It's a combination of adjusting the throttle arm on the carb and adjusting the servo horn on the splines. Take the servo horn off the splines and adjust it 1 tooth either way.

Part of the problem is also with your EPA on the TX.

You want both EPA to be equal to each other--or as close as possible. For example:
The + EPA should be 80% travel
The - EPA should be set to 80% travel

If you can't get it right with 80%--then try 65% on both ends of the travel. This will give a much more linear throttle stick when you push it forward and back.

You'll have to move the servo horn a spline or two. And adjust the carb arm too. You may have to lengthen or shorten the pushrod 1/8" or 1/4"

It's just fine tuning. Everything you do effects the rest of the system--so make adjustments one at a time and check it.

Good luck