Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Shipping time from Hong Kong?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Shipping time from Hong Kong?

Old 04-08-2006, 07:56 PM
xray328
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shipping time from Hong Kong?

Anyone know shipping time from Hong Kong to Chicago from one of these Ebay sellers?
Old 04-08-2006, 08:34 PM
mimhoff
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Shipping time from Hong Kong?

I purchased a transmitter stand from an ebay seller -- small item obviously -- took 8 days from when I purchased. So it can be quick at least for small items and my shipping cost was also only $5.00.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:07 PM
xray328

Thats good to hear. I'm amazed that they can ship stuff here that quick and cheap. I just ordered 4 micro servos so hopefully I'll have similar results.

Thanks!
Old 04-08-2006, 09:11 PM
xray328

What part of SA do you live in? We moved from there 3 years ago. We were off 151 near Sea World.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:47 PM
mimhoff

xray328-

I live in North Cental area -- I am off Hwy 281 outside Loop 1604.

I used to live in Oak Brook,Il (Western Suburb) years ago. I really like Chicago -- especially the food. I travel to Chicago a couple times a year and love to go to Giordano's Pizza on Rush or Wells I think.

Mark
Old 04-08-2006, 10:58 PM
xray328

Thats a nice area. You get so much more house for the money down there. $300K is average up here. But then again, salaries are better up here, in my job field anyway. We went to Cornestone Church, up near your neck of the woods. I'd rather have the food down there, nothing like tacos for breakfast!
Old 04-08-2006, 11:07 PM
mimhoff

Where do you fly in the Chicao area--- I have been flying at Rebel field here in San Antonio. On a trip last summer I visited a flying field in Naperville (park district fcaility i believe). Beautiful setting but pretty crowded and a pretty short runway at least by Texas standards. Nice group of people there- didn't get to fly since I was travelling on business. I have gotten pretty spoiled(maybe the word is sloppy) with 2 paved runways and no waiting time to fly.

Hope your servos get here in short order -- I was amazed I got my stuff in 8 days -- takes that long for me to mail stuff to my kids in Phoenix and cost me more
Old 04-08-2006, 11:13 PM
xray328

I fly at that same field. But yes, it is a little small for my taste, long walk too. Nice group though.

O'well. I'm going to spadfest this summer, retired airforce base (Chanute) with real runways.

I wasn't flying in SA, I spent too much time at the lake on the jetski. Those were the days!