Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

TME smoke / Futaba 9c xmitter

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

TME smoke / Futaba 9c xmitter

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 03:50 AM
Hiflyer001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TME smoke / Futaba 9c xmitter

To begin with I think the TME smoke device is defective. I'll throw this out anyway. I am trying to get the Simple Smoke Pump II to work. It actually will work after it the plane has sit for awhile on my kitchen table (an hour or two). Then I turn on the xmitter and then the plane and the pump will work. Then I turn off the plane and the xmitter and then turn on the xmitter again and then the plane and the pump will not work..????? Is there a heat problem with the smoke system?? The plane has been sitting for a couple hours and if I go over to the plane right now and turn on the xmitter and then the plane the pump will work. It is the same if I use a pmix or just a switch on the radio. I have used pmix 6 with channel 7 and I tried it with Channel 5 with switch A on both. Same problem. I tried to call TME two times but got no call back. Talked to Hobby services and the results were the same as I had gotten. Does the system have to cool down if it draws too much amps????? Any comments will be appreciated...Thanks
Old 04-16-2006, 07:49 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TME smoke / Futaba 9c xmitter

I don't have any working knowledge with this unit but do have some experence helping others with it. I have sent you the link to the manual. You should not run the pump dry. Also for testing put a servo on the same channel to see when it is the off and on position. You may have a swtich or mix that is not letting the pump turn on.

http://www.tmenet.com/pdf/SSP-manual.PDF