Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Problems connecting elevator control.

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Problems connecting elevator control.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 09:57 AM
ger87410

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems connecting elevator control.

Flying hull designed ARF.
Unknown manufacturer.
71" WS. LEO .71 engine.
I'm having problems getting the elevator control hooked up. I'm also having problems w/ the horizontal tail surface being to shaky. She's flown 3 times.
I'm thinking of putting a small block of wood in the verticle tail between the top verticle pice of wood the horizontal tail is attached to and the one below it to reduce flex. I'm also thinking of using thin dowels to support the verticle tail like the wings are supported on some Cessnas.
The elevator control is running through a piece of fuel tubing soldered to a metal control rod connected to the servo on 1 side and basically soldered to the clevis on the other. This setup is proving to not be stiff enough on down elevator. I'm thinking of connecting the end at the top to a metal control rod connected to the elevator's clevis. I'm not sure this will work like I want it though.
The other thing I'm thinking of is a pull-pull system. I've never hooked one up though.
Any advice?
First time posting pics.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51482.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	472350  
Old 06-05-2006, 10:56 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Problems connecting elevator control.

Glue 2 small blocks at the marked locations that the pushrod tube can anchor to. That should keep it from flexing.

For stability, you can add some struts from the Stab tips to the bottom of the Fuse similar to the struts in the second pic (But attach the other end to the fuselage sides instead of the rudder)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg14039.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	472397   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc91894.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	472398