Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

plane flys weird

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

plane flys weird

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 08:04 PM
JsJet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default plane flys weird

i flew my plane yesturday aftenoon. I discoverd that it doesn't fly straight. It keep moving left. Its not becasue that the wind. There was no wind that day. i checked the rudder and it seemed fine to me.. any clues??[&o]
Old 06-13-2006, 09:16 PM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: plane flys weird

I have a couple of planes that require a bit of right rudder trim to fly straight, try it.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:19 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

If your rudder is straight and moving left, you need right thrust on the engine. 2 degrees should do it.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:42 AM
Rod Bender

What size plane and engine? But it sounds like you need R thrust off of your engine. Just put a washer or 2 on the L engine mount at the firewall ..... Greg
Old 06-15-2006, 05:17 AM
alan0899

G'day Mate,
Is it yawing left or Rolling left, if rolling left, check your lateral balance, a heavy wing can cause the problem you are having, to check lateral balance in the air, trim plane to fly straight & wings level hands off, roll plane to inverted wings level & release aileron stick, if left wing drops add weight to right wing & visa versa, if it stays straight, no change required. The amount of right thrust needed is checked by flying straight & level, at full power & pull up into a verticle climb, if the plane goes left as it slows down it needs more right thrust, conversely if it goes right it needs less right thrust, if it goes straight, then no change required. This will help it to track better through loops & verticle stuff. If it yaws left, check fin & rudder are in line with fuselage centre line.