Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

OK .074 engine

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 08:42 PM
kilmerelrc
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK .074 engine

I have recently been given an old OK .074 engine. The crank still spins but seems a little sticky. I know nothing about this engine and would like some help with it. Mainly, how can I fully restore it, is it glow, gas or diesel, is there any parts from them any more and could a manual be found for it. Any information on this engine would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Chris
Old 07-05-2006, 09:10 PM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: OK .074 engine

Lubricate it liberally.
It uses a short reach glow plug.
A 7x4 prop is probably the correct size... haven't seen one of those in 40 some years.
There's not much that can go wrong with it.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:01 AM
CoosBayLumber
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: OK .074 engine

There is some old discussion at the MECOA forum on these engines. The proper fuel is not available, and I see new original glow heads at model swap meets for these at about $2 each. The fuel will have to be blended at one gallon Min. They heartily say, do not use modern fuels, for they have wrong and improper lubricants. Same problem with K&B Fury series engines.

My biggest complaint about OK engines is that they run fine at home. But then do a little traveling, and seems they will not start up in the unfamiliar territory. Perhaps others have had better luck. The whole line used to grace the back of the issues of American Modeler for many years.

Wm.