Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Who makes wheel brakes?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Who makes wheel brakes?

Old 07-09-2006, 01:56 PM
sea fury

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who makes wheel brakes?

I want to put wheel brakes on my twin. Who is making wheel brake other than the expensive units for jets? I think sullivan and dubro used to make them, but cant find them. Anyone know where to get them?
Old 07-09-2006, 05:25 PM
RAMFlyer
My Feedback: (65)

Default RE: Who makes wheel brakes?

Robart bought out CompactUniBrake a while back. These were brakes that were sized to fit Robart wheels and were under $100.00 for the setup. They were based upon the BVM style and, I think, were liscensed by Violett to be made by this company. Worked great on all the jets I have, up to twentyfive pounds. (Don't have any heavier than that.)

Hopefully Robart will have them back on the market soon, as I have seen ads for them by Robart in the model mags.

Hobby Lobby stocks the Kavan electric brake which works great on a trike nosewheel. http://www.hobby-lobby.com/wheels.htm#Brake
Old 07-12-2006, 10:52 PM
feihu

Default RE: Who makes wheel brakes?

Make your own?
Made a drawing of a simple nosewheel brake to use with down elevator or spare servo - don't know if that's what you're looking for.
feihu