Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Hi Tec Eclipse 7 Fault

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Hi Tec Eclipse 7 Fault

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 03:58 AM
Memphis Belle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi Tec Eclipse 7 Fault

I have a Hi tec Eclipse 7 TX, I have lost 3 aircraft through radio failure, all aspects of the radio have been checked, we found that this problem only occured with this TX all my RX worked fine when used with my Futaba TX, it appears that the Tx may be straying off its Frequency, has anyone experienced this problem & is it possible to fix it, I have now lost trust in this Tx, any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:40 AM
bbbair

Default RE: Hi Tec Eclipse 7 Fault

Most Odd.

I have had an Eclipse 7 for three years with no problems.

The first thing to do would be to check the frequency stability of the Tx, there are a number of devices on the markey to do this - BUT - they would cost you money and would require close monitoring etc... []

Personally; I would sent it to a local service representative with a full description of the situation. I would suspect that it would be an intermittant fault (loose wire, cracked board etc) these are very have to find - but a warranty exists for just such cases.

Good Luck!
Old 07-10-2006, 07:09 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: nigelsimkin

I have a Hi tec Eclipse 7 TX, I have lost 3 aircraft through radio failure, all aspects of the radio have been checked, we found that this problem only occured with this TX all my RX worked fine when used with my Futaba TX, it appears that the Tx may be straying off its Frequency, has anyone experienced this problem & is it possible to fix it, I have now lost trust in this Tx, any help would be appreciated.
Of all the radios I've owned, I only had this kind of suspicion about one - a channel 25 Airtronics old style six channel. That plane, with that radio, would sometimes go into a right roll that took full left aileron to counter. I never proved it was the radio, but I retired it.

Bottom line, if you're not comfortable with a piece of equipment, don't use it.

Good luck,
Dave Olson
Old 07-19-2006, 11:09 AM
SoCalSal
My Feedback: (16)

Hi, I have a Multiplex Evo 9 Trans, For no apperant reason it gave me a "Memroy Error" reading on the LCD when I turned it on one day. Now this is scary to me as I had never "used" the trans. to fly anything. But I was on my way to the field to fly my 33% Waco for the first time when it happened. So I took it up to HiTec and dropped it off. They said it was a faulty main board and the first time they had seen this in a Multiplex radio. Needless to say they had no spare main boards in the U.S. S o what did HiTec do????? They gave me a new transmitter no questions asked. Now that is service.
But my point is send it in a get the pros to fix it. Don't risk another plane. After all, anything man makes works on Murphy's law, and electronics are the most common. That law is........ If it can fail it most likley will.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:07 PM
KidVermin
My Feedback: (3)

All aspects have been checked -- by Hitec ?
I only had problems with my older Prism 7 losing signal; my Eclipse has been perfect for the past 4 yrs.
Guess the same warning applies to the current pooterized Tx's to never carry on your belt an operating cell phone while you're flying.
The ringing is supposed to scramble the memory and maybe the controls.

Leave the cell phones in the car and take a break from the world.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:26 PM
WILDCRASHWILLY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have three E-Sevens. I use one 90% of the time for the last four years and have never had a problem. I agree with SoCalSal, send it in to Hitec. I send mine in every other year and have it tuned as a PM measure. They do have great service.