Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Stripping paint

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Stripping paint

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2003, 10:32 PM
Hammbone
My Feedback: (309)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stripping paint

Does anyone know of a good method for stripping / removing the paint from a fiberglass cowl and wheel pants and aluminum gear in order to repaint them?

Thanks, Jim
Old 01-02-2003, 03:07 PM
jkruger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stripping paint

Jim
Loctite used to make a paint remover that worked great. I just stripped plane using a paint remover I got at Home Depot. Messy but it worked fine. The plane was glassed using epoxy and it didn't hurt the underfinish
John Kruger
Old 01-03-2003, 08:19 PM
scalebldr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default paint remover

hello,
on fiberglas parts be careful with paint strippers as some will eat the resin especially polyester resin.safest paint remover i have found that works on plastic but may take awhile is plain old brake fluid.soak the parts covered in fluid for a few days and scrub with a tooth brush.or cover with wet towels soaked in brake fluid wrapped with plastic to prevent a mess.