Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

signal lost.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 08:25 AM
buzzlightyear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default signal lost.

Hi, I have a little probleme and I was wondering if someone has a clue on how to determine what is the problem.

The last 2 time a went to the field I got a complete lost of signal and crash. the first time I could repair it but this time it really crashed!

I have a brand new JR XP6102 with R700 receiver.
the first time I thought it was the location of the antenna, I change it but got the same probleme. We did a range test, like we do each time before we fly, It was ok. The battery was fully charge (we test them too).

Does anyone have an idea?

Pierre
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om34023.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	512425  
Old 08-24-2006, 08:27 AM
MajorTomski

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: signal lost.

Did you do a ground range check?

Could be a possible broken antenna
Old 08-24-2006, 09:07 AM
buzzlightyear

Yes we did a range check from the ground, like usual and everything was fine..
There was 3 instructors, and non of them understand what happened..[]
Old 08-24-2006, 11:15 AM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This "lost of signal"... what was the airplane doing, and who was flying it?
Old 08-24-2006, 01:23 PM
buzzlightyear

Last week I as flying doing circle in the air.. and suddently nothing was responding, I gave the transmitter to my instructor, same thing.. completely death. the plane crashed but I repaired it during the week end.

yesterday, my instructor inpect the plane, took off with it, he did about 500 feets and he told me "look it doesn't respond anymore" I saw him moving the stick but the plane didn't respond and it crashed again with the result you can see.

For now, I don't intend to buy another plane and put the same receiver in it, I'm sure the same thing will happen...
Old 08-24-2006, 02:02 PM
scratchonly

Run the engine while doing a walk around range check to prove it isn't vibration. A switch is always suspect in these cases. Tap your receiver with a screw driver handle and watch your servos. Do the same with your switch. If this shows nothing be sure your transmitter antenna is not broken inside your transmitter. That covers my known radio problems. Someone here will have more ideas.

Good luck.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:06 PM
scratchonly

ORIGINAL: scratchonly

Run the engine while doing a walk around range check to prove it isn't vibration. A switch is always suspect in these cases. Tap your receiver with a screw driver handle and watch your servos. Do the same with your switch. If this shows nothing be sure your transmitter antenna wire is not broken inside your transmitter. It will still pass a range check if this is the case. That covers my known radio problems. Someone here will have more ideas.

Good luck.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:58 PM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds like something is opening up in flight.
A bad switch, a faulty connection on the battery..
Old 08-24-2006, 03:40 PM
*JCB*
My Feedback: (9)

I'd change the receiver crystal...I've had one go bad in an RC boat and it would stop responding intermittantly for a couple of seconds at a time, replaved it and never looked back. Also in one of my airplanes, it failed a range test (with the motor running), tried a bunch of stuff and finally changed the crystal and it worked fine.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:08 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree with JCB, most probably a cracked crystal. Was the reiever in a crash or dropped or otherwise shocked prior to the first incedent?
Old 08-24-2006, 09:11 PM
bingo field

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't pitch that plane, I put mine back together again when it looked like that. Just take your time, and you can do it.
Old 08-25-2006, 07:04 AM
jetmech05

have you ever changed crystals in your rx or tx? make sure the crystal in your rx is tight and not prone to vibration. also as your moving your sticks around shake your tx and make sure there is nothing loose there. if you cant find anything else after checking all your connections including servo and batt then get a new rx.
sorry for your loss keep flyin
Old 08-25-2006, 10:54 AM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

check the switch good. Its the cheapest part of the radio. I have seen many failures due to it and they are hard to track. You may also check the crystal as indicated. Move the battery wires around and make sure you don't have a short, and also make sure you didn't have any metal to metal rubbing on the plane anywhere that would cause the radio to go into fail safe. That has been a big problem for some.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:11 PM
buzzlightyear

Yesterday I went back to the store where I bought it. He did all kind of test with me (range test, knock the receiver and transmitter, battery, etc) and end up saying eveyrthing was fine.... He change the chrystal for another frequence, just in case. I'll see what it will do. He sold me another plane saying if the same problem comes back he would fight for me at JR (tx, rx and plane replacement)... But for now he said there is nothing he can do! [:@] he also told me he never saw that in 25 years of flying.... I doubt it, but..

And i dont really want to buy another one, this one is new I bought it the whole kit July 11th 2006.

Thanks for all your answer, it's very appreciate!

Pierre