Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

C.G. for a St. Croiz model 1/5 scale Long-Ez

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

C.G. for a St. Croiz model 1/5 scale Long-Ez

Old 02-03-2002, 03:15 PM
flyenlott
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C.G. for a St. Croiz model 1/5 scale Long-Ez

I was given this beautifuly built airplane a while back with 1 condision and that was the person see it fly once. The only information he had was the Instruction Manual to build the kit, witch is great. But my only problem is that the C.G. point is on the plans witch he through away years ago. The plane has been compleated for about 9 years now and I can't seam to find anyone that has built or has one of theys kit's. I know that C.G. is very inportant in a canard, so if there is anyone out there with any info. I sure would appreciate any help, or know where I might get a copy of the plans.

E-mail me at
[email protected]
Thank You
Old 02-03-2002, 04:25 PM
pileit1

From the back of the center section, measure forward 4 11/16 inches. Balance with full fuel tank, of course.

Mine is about the same age and has never flown either. Don't know if it ever will, but it looks nice hanging in the shop. It's a beautiful design. I have built and flown the 1/4 scale Quickee and it was very stable and flew well with an OS 48 Surpass. Sure looked weird in the air though!!

Good luck with the EZ. Let us know how it works out.

Rocky Fox
Old 02-03-2002, 04:41 PM
pileit1

Here's the control surface throws, in case you need them.

Elevator: UP 3/8" (for dive)
Down 5/8" (for climb)
Remember, the elevator moves opposite of a conventional tail aircraft. When the ele. moves down, the nose pitches up.

Ailerons: UP 5/16" DOWN 1/4"

Rudder: 3/4" out only

Nose gear: 12 to 15 degrees either side of center as usual.

Hope this helps.