Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Futaba 3305 Servos

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Futaba 3305 Servos

Old 09-15-2006, 05:14 AM
mcoccia
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 3305 Servos

Hi,

Does anybody know why we can't use Futaba 3305 in a 40 aircraft. I bought these for a project and I did not read the fine print Tower and Futaba do not recommand these for airplanes.

I have seen on here people are using them.

If you are using them let me know how they are holding up or if you had any issue's with them.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:36 AM
flapper

Default RE: Futaba 3305 Servos

These servos can be used for any aircraft application. I am using 5 in an Extra 300S without any problems. Go ahead and use them. They may, however, be a bit of an overkill on a 40 size plane. Have you considered using the 3010's instead? A good torque rating and should be cheaper than the 3305's. It will depend on what you are going to use them on.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:49 AM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

I use them in F50X. With great luck. I did loose a F40 because one went bad on the rudder. This however was the result of many hard landings that stripped the gears. Once I started using them a few other guys I fly with came on board. They have them in a Showtime and a F90 with no trouble.
The down side. These are strong servos not precise servos. We are using them to bang the sticks doing 3D. If you want to do some pattern or IMAC. Think about a better servo.

David
Old 09-15-2006, 12:36 PM
mcoccia
My Feedback: (2)

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I bought a Funtana X50 ARF. I was going to use these instead of the 9451 & 9351's I have. I used to fly Heli's and have all these high end servos but I felt they were a waste in a Funtana so I bought the 3305 because they were metal gears with dual bearings.

For whatever reason I was not fond of the 3010.

What servos do guys recommand that center well and perform fantastic but are much cheaper then the high end servo's I have?

Are the hitechs 635HB very good?

On the side note....in my venus 40 I am running 3152 which seem to do the job well but I am not banging the sticks on this plane....I do plan to learn 3D with the Funtana X50, maybe the 3305 will be good? I hate to spend more money....1 of the reasons I stopped flying Heli's

Thanks again