Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

support the troops- magazine donations

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

support the troops- magazine donations

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 10:04 AM
iraqvet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default support the troops- magazine donations

I spent most of 2005 in Iraq and enjoyed getting mail and "care packages" from people all over the United States I didn't know. A few weeks ago I began to collection donations of magazines and DVDs from people at work but the response has been a little slow. At my monthly RC club meeting last night, I asked our members for donations of magazines and the response was overwhelming! My club (Kansas City Radio Control) is helping me set up donation drop-off locations at local hobby stores. I plan on selecting random names off of www.anysoldier.com or send the donations to the Kellog Brown and Root (KBR) morale centers on the bases in Iraq and Afghanastan. I hope to spread some information on our hobby as well as provide some distraction from the daily grind overseas.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:28 AM
meaden

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: support the troops- magazine donations

This is a great idea. I hear a lot of lip service about "supporting our troops" but not to much real action. I spent the past year corresponding with a soldier on his second tour (now home) and he was very greatful for all the items I sent and just to hear news from home. Your anysoldier.com link is a good one. I'll be sending some things.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:30 PM
Mike Emilio

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: support the troops- magazine donations

A little off topic but it's was the closest subject I could find on Iraq.

Folks home & abroad might be interested in this.

Hot off the press, so to speek.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19394865/