Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Hog Bipe Motor Mount

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Hog Bipe Motor Mount

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 03:16 PM
slammin_sam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hog Bipe Motor Mount

I broke the motor mount on my Hog Bipe a couple of weeks ago and put on a generic one that I got at a local hobby shop. I don't know if the original had a little down thrust or the one I bought has up thrust but when I give it full throttle it shoots up dramatically. I had to trim the elevator to a few degrees of down just to get it to fly level. Problem is that when I idle the engine to land, it comes down like a rock making it difficult to land. Anyone know if the original had down thrust amd where I can get one? I couldn't find it on Tower.

Thanks
Old 09-21-2006, 04:40 PM
slammin_sam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hog Bipe Motor Mount

I just checked the plans (better late than never) and it shows a 1.5 degree down thrust built into the motor mount. Looks like I need a SIG motor mount for the hog bipe. The one I have on there looks like it has about 1 degree up. Seems strange that 2-2.5 degrees would make that much dif but it is dramatic. Sig doesn't show it on thier site. HELP!
Old 09-21-2006, 05:12 PM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Hog Bipe Motor Mount

ernst used to make thrust wedges that fit between the motor mount and fire wall in .5 degree increments you can use those or cut a wedge shape at a 2.5 degree ang and use the mount you have,even a cedar shingle may be split to give the angle.if you give me the measurement from bottom of mount to the top of mount i will give you the thickness of the wedge at the top of the mount with the bottom being a sharp point or 0