Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Club Fun Fly Recommendations

Old 09-27-2006, 06:29 PM
naviguesser

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Club Fun Fly Recommendations

Looking for ideas for club fun fly events that beginners thru expert can participate in. Want to be able to have more than one pilot flying at a time so that there is more participation (vs. one flying and 15 sitting around waiting their turn.)
Old 09-27-2006, 10:29 PM
campbec

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Club Fun Fly Recommendations

Hi,

Gee there a lot of options and you should have some good suggestions here. My favourites are:

LIMBO where up to three participants have to fly under a plastic of cloth tape suspended above the strip. The tape is 1m above the strip to start with and is brought down in 150mm incriments after each successful pass. Those who tough the strip or cut the tape are eliminated. You can also include a mandatory loop or specify inverted passes if you want to be nasty Up to three can participate in each heat but it's more fun to watch.

BALOON BUSTING again up to three and you can throw in mandatory manouvers if you wish. Each participant has a different coloured baloon tethered to the ground (use a loop of wire as a peg and secure with a rubber band). They have to take off and then burst their coloured baloon in the shortest possible time without the wheels touching in a timed event. If they touch the wheels on the ground or hit their opponets baloon they are eliminated. A LeMans start adds to the carnage.

Cheers,

Colin
Old 09-27-2006, 10:49 PM
agexpert
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Paintball Drones!!!

Fly em low and slow and let the kids shoot at em with paintballs. (get a local paintball shop to help with helmets, barriers, eye protection etc.

Drones are coroplast trainers with no external switch.

Loads of fun!!

Also, spot landings in a 'dartboard' type score format....Trainer combat and Park-flyer combat...to the death.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:03 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Dixie Death:

You got 30 seconds to take off and do whatever you want. (if you want to win this event--take it up high and throttle it back to minimum flying speed. Trim a bit of aileron in and a bit of up elevator so it flys in a slow circle) Then you gotta let go of the sticks. The stop watch starts when you let go of the sticks. The guy who lets go the longest without crashing wins. I've done it for 53 seconds before.

Slow Fast:

Each guy makes one fast pass the length of the runway. You need a flagman at the beginning of the runway to signal when the plane crosses the threshhold. A timer guy on the other end clocks your time on a fast pass. Diving in is allowed,

Now you go back and see how SLOOOOOOOOW you can fly the runway. Hovering is not allowed. The plane has to go in a straight line essentially. Not climb up and then dive down over and over to extend your time. Just fly it down the runway as slow as you can.

Subtract the fast time from the slow time. Guy with the longest time wings.

Speed Taxi:

Set up cones on the runway to make a relatively simple race course. We always used a big cloverleaf pattern. Taxi the plane around the cones. The starting line is about 10' from the first cone. Then you taxi around the cones. It's a timed event. Taxi back to the starting line. Fastest time wins. Take off = disqualified.

Spot landing:

Put 3 or 4 lines across the runway with chalk. First line is 50 points--or whatever. 2nd line is 25 points, and so on. Last line is 5 points. Go past the last line--0 points. Space the lines about 5 feet apart for experts. 10 feet or 15 feet apart for novices guys.

You try and spot land on the lines. Your plane has landed where the main wheels touch. Wherever the mains touch--thats where you landed. In between the lines? --measure to the closest line and thats your score.

Engine start:

First event of the day. Line em all up, or set them all on a table and give the signal. First guy to start an engine and rev it to full RPM wins. No electric starters allowed. Fingers or chicken sticks only. No warm ups before the event. The guy with the warm engine will win everytime. This needs to be a surprise event, so no one cheats and does a test fire in the driveway the morning of the event. Just get them all fueled up and get them all on a table or bench. Explain the rules. First guy to fire up and rev up wins. Not as easy as it sounds. Good for 10 or 15 minutes of entertainment on a freezing cold morning in the wintertime.