Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

?Funtana X 100 Questions???

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

?Funtana X 100 Questions???

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 05:00 PM
NCIS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ?Funtana X 100 Questions???

I am ready for my third plane and have already flown some aerobatic low wing tail-draggers. I have a TOC1 30% Yak 54 NIB that I want to get ready to fly but the cost of everything involved is over my budget right now. I decided to order the Funtana and practice with it before going with the expensive Yak. My questions to all of you that have the Funtana 100, are how did you set it up and what radio do you use? What servo's do you use? What engine do you use? I am leaning toward the Magnum 1.20 4 stroke inverted. Also th 7 Channel PCM computer radio from Futaba. Are these good choices, if not give me some advice, Any replies will be very helpful as this is my first ARF and I want it right. Any building tips will be appreciated. I have built to many kits to count but never an ARF, don't know what to expect. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Gibbs
Old 09-29-2006, 04:55 PM
NCIS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ?Funtana X 100 Questions???

Well no luck with help here so I guess I'll try in the ARF or RTF forum.[]

Gibbs
Old 09-29-2006, 07:56 PM
carrellh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ?Funtana X 100 Questions???

I have seen one fly with a Saito 1.80 that was mounted on its side. The cowl is wide enough it didn't require a huge opening. The pilots (father and son) are pretty skilled at pattern and 3D flying. The plane flew great, I'm sure it was a combination of plane and pilot that made it look really good. I have no idea what servos they used but their transmitter was a Futaba 9C.