Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

pitts muffler changing performance

Old 09-30-2006, 02:45 AM
alexcc

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default pitts muffler changing performance

Hi All! I have a GMS .61 ringed 2 stroke and I am almost finshed building my phoenix models Yak54, but the area that is cut out for the muffler is too small for my GMS .61 muffler (for some reason it is reallly big). I am going to have to buy a pitts style muffler, which will probably be the Bisson GMS pitts muffler: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGBK9&P=0

It seems to be the only one I can find that is specifically designed for my engine.

I was wondering what changes it would make to the engine? Noise? Performance etc.?

Thanks!
Old 10-03-2006, 01:50 PM
Norm Nestie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: pitts muffler changing performance

alexcc, I've got/had several pitts mufflers on various engines. If all is set up properly you will not experience any negative effects to the motor. I don't know if the pitts mugfflers are any noisier or quieter but can give a pretty nice sound. If yours is a bolt on as opposed to strap, make sure to clean the bolts with acetone or rubbing alchohol and Loc Tite when you install muffler. Have had a couple come loose on me, causin dead sticks with adverse results. Good luck.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:55 PM
alexcc

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: pitts muffler changing performance

Thanks for the tip I will do that. Will hopefully have my new plane flying this weekend (phoenix yak 54).