Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Trainer cords question

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Trainer cords question

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 08:25 PM
gc1962

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trainer cords question

I have a question for you guys, I have a JR XF-421 EX radio and I also have a Jr F-400 radio, my question is can I purchace a JR trainer cord and use the F-400 as the trainer box as long as the same frequency crystal is in the F-400 as in the XF-421 EX?
Old 10-02-2006, 08:37 AM
campcrafter

Default RE: Trainer cords question

gc1962
I have not seen the JR radios,but i would like to share my experience. When i learned RC flying, my instructor would use a trainer cord connected to his radio and mine. Both ofus were/ are using Hitec Laser 4. After connecting both the radios with the cord he would switch the power on of his radio and when he would transfer the controls to me my radio would be powered by the battery from his radio. At times he would use a futaba and i would be on the hitec.The frequency of the all the radios were different. Therefore i feel that you should have no trouble with your sets.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:39 PM
staggerwing
My Feedback: (5)

The two transmitters don't have to be on the same channel. Just plug the JR cord into both and turn on the one that you want as master. Do not turn on the slave. You must have a battery in the slave but do not turn it on.

Rich
Old 10-06-2006, 08:17 AM
jetmech05

and make sure you unplug the trainer cord when finished with your flight. With JR the slave stays powered as long as the buddy cord is plugged in.
AS STATED ABOVE LEAVE THE STUDENTS TRANSMITTER TURNED OFF.