Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Looking for Pusher Props

Old 10-05-2006, 04:43 PM
Spitfire222

Default Looking for Pusher Props

Hi everyone. I'm working on a college design project, and it the plane we're building may require a large size pusher props for an electric motor. Specifically, props that are 20" and larger for large brushless motors. Where can I go to look for these, i.e. what companies make pusher props of this size? I've looked at Master Airscew, Zinger, and APC, but was wondering if there are some other companies that I don't know about. Thanks in advance for any help/links! [sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 10-05-2006, 05:40 PM
aerowoof

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Looking for Pusher Props

why not reverse tghe rotation of the electric motor and use a stadard prop.while i have not used brushless motors and do not know if this is possible but being dc I would think it's possible
Old 10-05-2006, 08:47 PM
Tall Paul

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

There are few actual pusher props made.
Electric motors are easily reversible.. for brushless swapping any two of the three wires will reverse it.
Use normal props, there's a ton of them.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:54 PM
Strankon

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

people, people, people. think about the airfoil on a standard prop..... if you run it backwards by reversing the rotation of the motor, the trailing edge of the airfoil now become the leading edge, which is going to render a standard prop useless or at the very least ineffective. you can of course put the prop on bacwards and reverse the motor.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:13 PM
Ed Smith

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

people, people, people. think about the airfoil on a standard prop..... if you run it backwards by reversing the rotation of the motor, the trailing edge of the airfoil now become the leading edge, which is going to render a standard prop useless or at the very least ineffective. you can of course put the prop on bacwards and reverse the motor.
Not so. Think about it.

Looking at the front of the airplane. Move the regular prop from the front to the back of the airplane without turning it around. mount it to the motor. Again looking from the front of the airplane make the motor turn anticlockwise. The prop is now performing exactly as if it was mounted to the front.

Ed S