Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

LADO Gear?

Old 10-09-2006, 11:25 AM
YAT-28E

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default LADO Gear?

Has anybody used these?

www.lado-tech.com

It replaces the air cylinder and uses electric.

Looks like a great idea!!
Old 12-20-2006, 08:47 PM
racer8297
My Feedback: (13)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: LADO Gear?

I ordered a set for my Top Flite GS P51 in August 2006. As of today, I have not received them. Apparently the website leads you to think that these units are ready to ship but as of today they are not.

Jim
Old 12-27-2006, 01:11 AM
lado-tech

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hello all,

I thought you all deserved an explanation of the delays Jim has told you about. We had full intentions of shipping product when the web site went live, but things don't always go as planned. Trust me this was not ideal for us either! But here is what happened.

Late in the game we had some very good suggestions for the product that we felt important to implement. This was mainly to have a controller that could allow for hydraulic simulation, have one gear go down/up before the other like on a P-51. The change was also recommended to make optical isolation mandatory, using one of the controllers. This turned into a much larger design change then I initially thought. This coupled with the small glitch we found delayed shipping.

How ever painful it was to wait, we felt it better then shipping product that didn't meet our high standards. As you can imagine, if not done right this could cause RF noise problems. Even though I got a lot of pressure to release the product I felt it was more important to wait until it was ready.

I knew we where asking a lot for you guys to wait this long. I am very happy you all hung in there!

We are now shipping product, Jim should have gotten his today. Hopefully he will come back and tell you what he thinks.

So in a nut shell that’s the story from the horse’s mouth!

Doug
Lado Tech
Old 12-27-2006, 02:55 PM
racer8297

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I did in fact receive the units yesterday. I especially want to thank Doug for the very nice Chritmas card and box of candy that were packed in.

I will post again when I have had a chance (tonight) to examine the units.

Jim
Old 12-28-2006, 08:41 AM
racer8297

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Okay, I assembled the acctuators into my Robart 622-5 landing gear (for Top Flite GS P-51). The installation took about 1/2 hour to do the two mains and the tail wheel. The parts fit perfectly! They are basically drop in units. I then hooked of the contol box, reciever and batteries to give the units a try. All I can say is that they work beautifully. Very scale, easy to set up and much easier than hooking up an air system.

If you ask me "would I get them for my next project?", I would say YES. With a 6 volt battery the system may weigh a wee bit more than the air system did but on the other hand, the P51 is not exactly a 3D monster!

I would suggest calling LADO before ordering in order to confirm stock/ship dates, etc. But a 2 big thumbs up to LADO and Doug and good luck with the product.

Jim
Old 12-28-2006, 06:57 PM
Hawkeye
My Feedback: (27)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I'm glad to see a manufacturer who lets you know that there is a good reason for a delay and then delivers a top quality producy.
...Steve
Old 01-16-2007, 05:57 PM
Jan_Petter

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi,

I have just started this winters big project, TF P-51D Mustang 1:5 kit. I've tried to contact LADO through their web-site, to find out if they ship their nice actuators overseas. Do any of yoy know if they do? Concidering to throw out the air-kit.

BR;
Petter
Old 02-10-2007, 05:53 PM
Jan_Petter

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I've tried to get in contact with LADO, email,phone, ... no result. A bit disappointed...
Old 02-10-2007, 07:01 PM
YAT-28E

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I hope its not to good to be true!!
Old 02-22-2007, 01:03 AM
dpientak

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Jan

I have seen your emails, and when I reply they always get kicked back to me as undeliverable. Please provide me another email address.

For Customers trying to contact us via phone:
If you call and get our voicemail please leave a massage, I can't always hear the phone over the CNC equipment or may already be on the phone. We will call back if you leave a massage.

We do ship overseas. When you go to check out on our site you will be asked to enter your address, this form only allows you to enter address for the US. Just click continue with out enter an address. Once you get to the Pay Pal side of the order process you can enter overseas address. Just select international shipping option. Sorry for the confusion, I am working with my web developer to fix this problem.

Thanks,
Doug - Lado Tech
Old 02-22-2007, 08:23 AM
dant-RCU
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I received my Lado units last week and have found exactly the same things as did Jim. These are quality units all around.

While waiting for my units (I ordered in late November) Doug was very good about providing progress updates and always responded to any inquiries that I had.

Now, if I could just clear the work table and get started on my P-51......

Dan
Old 02-24-2007, 03:45 PM
Jan_Petter

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the feed-back, it must have been some email blocking.

It is no secret that my P-51 may end up with the lado actuators
Old 10-03-2007, 10:46 PM
SheriffBufordTJustice

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I saw the ad for the LADO units in Model Airplane News, so I went to thier website and watched that video with the H9 60 size P51. I was hooked instantly! The way they could be staggered up was what realy did it for me. After shopping for retracts for the last 3 months the hunt is over, kind of. I ordered these LADO units for my H9 Miss America and I am told parts are being made for another batch. I am really looking forward to these babies arriving! How about some posts with experiences, I know I will when they arrive.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:35 PM
mirwin
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I've been going back and forth with Doug via email about whether the 60 series units made for the H9 .60 P-51 will work on the World Models .60 P-51. Has anybody out there tried it on the WM P-51?

Mike
Old 10-08-2007, 06:23 AM
SheriffBufordTJustice

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

As soon as I get mine I will take some pics and measurments for you. That should take care of the physical fit but as far as the gear holding up, that is a different story. What is your estimated weight? I think my h9 p51 should weigh between 8 and 9 pounds and the new LADO gear is direct replacement.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:18 AM
mirwin

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: SheriffBufordTJustice

As soon as I get mine I will take some pics and measurments for you. That should take care of the physical fit but as far as the gear holding up, that is a different story. What is your estimated weight? I think my h9 p51 should weigh between 8 and 9 pounds and the new LADO gear is direct replacement.
Sherriff, I don't have the model yet, so I don't know what the weight will be. I imagine it will be close to advertised because I don't plan to bash it. I'll go on the high end of the engine recommendations, and will use a 4-stroke.

I'm really excited about trying out the Lado gear too. Just think: no air leaks and no mechanical linkages to constantly tinker with!

Please keep us posted!

Mike

Old 10-08-2007, 12:06 PM
hrrcflyer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hello All,

I recently ordered a set for my Ultrasport 60 that I will be building this winter. Can't wait to get them. I am also considering a set of trike retracts for the Dirty Birdy 60 kit I just received, but I will need to see if they will fit (I really hope so, especially the nose gear). Dan has also kept me up to date on the status of my order and is more than willing to put up with all my questions. That's what I call REAL customer service.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:46 PM
SheriffBufordTJustice

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I am thinking of changing my reciever batt out for a bigger one. I am looking at a voltage regulator to allow me to do this. I am thinking of using an extra 8 cell nicad reciever batt that I have lying around. Does anyone have any suggestions on the arangement?
Old 10-09-2007, 07:55 PM
mirwin

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: SheriffBufordTJustice

I am thinking of changing my reciever batt out for a bigger one. I am looking at a voltage regulator to allow me to do this. I am thinking of using an extra 8 cell nicad reciever batt that I have lying around. Does anyone have any suggestions on the arangement?
I switched over to LIon receivers this year, and I'll never use anything else. I fly every weekend, and have virtually no reason to recharge the batterys for several weeks. This is better than sliced bread. www.duraliteflightsystems.com/batteries.html

Mike
Old 10-11-2007, 09:42 PM
SheriffBufordTJustice

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

What is a lion reciever? Are you using a speed controll with bec and reciever with 3 or 4 channel output like this http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164454 Does it vegulate the voltage to the servos? http://duralitebatteries.com/ This link works better than the one you posted, is this the setup you use on that beautiful corsair of yours?
Old 10-15-2007, 06:44 PM
SheriffBufordTJustice

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...9&I=LXNCT1&P=K I have been advised to use a 5 call pack or even no changes at all to my reciever battery when I add these retracts to my plane. (I am using the stock futaba 4cell nicad now) I am considering using this batt instead, it's a 1400mah nimh.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:14 AM
SheriffBufordTJustice

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I received my LADO retracts in good condition. They dropped right in the h9 p-51 and used the same holes for the mounting screws. The LADO web site has a pdf for the instructions and the measurements there are correct for anyone wanting to know the actual size of the retract. The gear holes are drilled to 5/32” but Doug at LADO said they can be drilled out to 3/16”. The gear wire is retained by 2 set screws directly across from each other, located directly at the center of the pivot. Doug also said they are going to change the design so the controller will be inside the retract itself. On my set of retracts the gear have cables running to a centrally located controller contained in a NICE case. The case is heavy and not really optional because the cable is so heavy and stiff, the wires would twist the pins off they connect to if it was not retained by the case. The cable needs some major bending required to get even a slight turn out of it, witch is good where it goes above the wheel, but bad where it has to turn 90 into the case of the controller. I will ask Doug if I can replace it with HD servo leads because I rubbed the cable raw on the case. The case did not need to be removed for balancing. The plane was just fine with only a small amount of lead in the tail so I can still reposition my battery to balance the thing out. The operation of the gear is awesome. I was nervous about the speed on a 4.8V but it was faster than the video on Doug’s site. I will be getting a 5-cell NiMH receiver pack, I had my wired crossed when I was thinking some futaba stuff didn’t work on 6V. My brother is a ST guy and got me hooked on the hump pack. He runs a 1500mh pack for a week. Light as my 500mh receiver batt too.