Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Hobbi-Star 60 into a tail dragger

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Hobbi-Star 60 into a tail dragger

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 11:36 AM
Thunderbolt1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbi-Star 60 into a tail dragger

Greetings. I am a relatively new pilot (approx. 50 flights) and would like to convert my hobbi-star 60 into a tail dragger. Can anyone tell me what the proper placement of the front landing gear under the wing should be? Is their a special placement for the tail wheel? Thanks.
Thunderbolt
Old 10-12-2006, 12:33 PM
agexpert
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: [size=7][/size]

You can get a Sullivan tailwheel for about $10. It's STUPID easy to mount it, just use wood screws and CA. (The instructions will explain it all...except for the wood-screws).

You will need to move the mains forward a bit. With a FULL tank, move the mains forward until the tail drops. then add a bit for good measure. Check for prop clearance and make sure it looks right, mark-it and begin reinforcing the fuse at that spot with some hardwood and triangle-stock. Drill your holes, install some blind-nuts and go fly.

Once you are comfortable flying and landing a TD, you will never want a trike again. For some reason, they just SEEM better.

Good Luck!!
Old 10-12-2006, 12:35 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: [size=7][/size]

You may want to edit your post and correct the title and take out any size formatting, it doesnt do anything and nobody knows what the actual thread is about.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:16 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Hobbi-Star 60 into a tail dragger

I fixed it
Old 10-12-2006, 07:29 PM
Thunderbolt1

Default RE: Hobbi-Star 60 into a tail dragger

Thanks for the info. I am finding out that STUPID easy is a matter of perspective :-), but will give her a try. Doing some repair after my elevator linkage came off. Since I want to learn to fly WW1 fighters, thought this would be a good time to convert to TD. Thanks again.
Thunderbolt

ps Anybody have any recomendations for a beginning TD?